The HR Assistant role provides an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to build their generalist HR experience. The HR Assistant will work closely with the HR Business Partner (HRBP) to build and develop relationships within the business and to collectively deliver an excellent level of operational client service.
The role will form part of a team of one Head of HR, one HRBP, one HR Operations Manager, One Recruitment Manager and one PRO.
- Managing the probation review process which includes monitoring probationary review dates, coordinating the completion of the review form with line manager, keeping master tracker updated and drafting end of probation letter (HRBP to sign off).
- Processing any relevant people changes (such as job title/department change) on Gulf HR system and drafting letter, as required (HRBP to sign off).
- Supporting the HRBP with the administrative tasks involved and logistical arrangements to implement Associate Training Program (ATP) placements both to and from the UAE offices.
- Supporting the HRBP with administrative tasks for receiving and sending of secondees to and from clients.
- Managing the new joiner process, this involves preparing the induction plan including meeting scheduling and buddy arrangement in liaison with line manager, sending welcome email (including welcome pack & joining details), collecting relevant new joiner documentation, creating employee staff file on IManage, adding new joiner details to Gulf HR, ensuring logistical arrangements are organised in conjunction with relevant business services departments (desk, access card etc) and inform HR Operations Manager re medical and life insurance enrolment.
- Trainee/Internship onboarding management in conjunction with HR Operations Manager and Recruitment Manager.
- Supporting the HR Operations Manager with any administrative tasks and system updates involved in the leaver process.
- Managing the Dubai Legal Affairs Department (DLAD) registration for new joiners and DLAD renewal process for all Fee Earners and ensuring internal tracker is kept up to date.
- Supporting the HRBP with Continuing Legal Professional Development (CLPD) management. This involves, drafting and sending off accreditation forms, tracking attendance at courses (including mandatory courses), sending off attendance sheets and updating master tracker with course information (description and accreditation points).
- Responding to employee Gulf HR letter requests for salary confirmation and salary transfer letters.
- Supporting the HRBP with administration tasks relating to the English language training offering.
- Leading or assisting with ad hoc project work as directed by HRBP/Head of HR.
- Liaising with government authorities in Arabic.
- Responsible for translating staff communications in Arabic.
- Managing SAP and Gulf HR updates.
About The Team
The Firm’s People function has responsibility for recruiting, supporting and developing all of the Firm’s people, including our Partners, Lawyers and Professional & Business Services, working closely with the Firm’s leadership to design and deliver the Firm’s people strategy, building on the Firm’s core commitments to collaboration, excellence and inclusivity.
The role will report directly to the HR Business Partner.
The key relationships of this role will be with the following:
- People Function Team
- PBS colleagues across the Firm
- Fee Earners
About The Candidate
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Previous HR experience is desirable, preferably within the legal sector or other professional services firms or within a corporate environment.
- Fluency in Arabic with strong written and oral skills in a professional environment.
- Strong administration and organisational skills.
- Previous experience with HR systems.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan, schedule and arrange own activities to accomplish objectives.
- Strong client service and delivery focus.
- Attention to detail and commitment to maintaining data integrity.
- Collaborative approach, effectively working with others to achieve team success.
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm.
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion.
Why join us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world's most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In the Gulf region Baker McKenzie has been active for more than three decades and our practice now boasts over 100 lawyers based in our seven offices in the Middle East - Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Cairo, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, and Riyadh. As a pioneering firm, we were most notably the first to enter both the Saudi and Egyptian markets.
The firm has built established and substantial presence in the Middle East & Africa region, with all offices working in close collaboration to service clients' needs on a range of matters, including banking and finance, project finance, Islamic finance, corporate/M&A and dispute resolution. We work closely with key local players — including governmental and regulatory entities, financial institutions, family-owned conglomerates and corporates across all industry sectors — as well with global investors and corporations establishing and consolidating their presence in the region.
Have a look at our YouTube channel to find out more about us!
At Baker McKenzie Habib Al Mulla, we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply button on this advertisement to complete the application form.
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact, in confidence, Recruitment Manager on +97144230000.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie Habib Al Mulla does not accept unsolicited CVs.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA - since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Baker McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.