Baker McKenzie is the first and one of the largest global law firm. With a network of 78 office in 46 countries and more than 6,000 fee earners in 19 global dedicated practice and industry groups, we have been named the strongest law firm brand for the 9th consecutive year by Acritas. With a global team comprising of more than 1000 tax professionals our Tax Group forms one of the largest and most sophisticated tax practices of any law firm in the world today. We are at the forefront of tax developments worldwide and help clients anticipate and adapt to new rules that may impact their existing structures.
International Tax / Private Client Lawyers
A committed team of international tax, trust, insurance, banking, transactional and litigation specialists service a global clientele in the wealth management industry. The expansion of our practice has resulted in openings for international tax and private client lawyers in our Geneva and Zurich offices.
The ideal candidates for these positions will be admitted to practice law in the U.S. or in another common law jurisdiction and have certain characteristics:
- a strong academic record, including rigorous course work in the tax area;
- LL.M. in taxation or estate planning;
- experience in a U.S. or international law firm (including internships or experience as a Summer Associate);
- experience in one or more of the following: domestic and international tax legislation relevant to individuals and legal entities: estate and trust planning; succession planning; or taxation of insurance or annuity products;
- an interest in working in a cross-border environment;
- German or French language skills (or readiness to start learning immediately).
This is an opportunity to undertake exciting multi-jurisdictional work with a diverse international client base advising UHNW families and their closely held companies, as well as family offices, fiduciaries, financial institutions, pension funds, and insurance companies.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume / CV and all law school transcripts.
Please direct your application to:
WM Recruitment Committee
This position is NOT open to recruiting agency submissions.