The Onsite Support Analyst administrates all procedures related to the identification, prioritisation, and resolution of end user requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of desk-side support functions. The Onsite IT Support Analyst will also contribute to problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users at the desk-side support level.
The role forms part of the Tier 1 IT Support team (with Tier 0 being self-service, Tier 1 the Service Desk and Tier 2 and 3 the technical teams).
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the desk-side support level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding desk-side support problems.
- Moving and set up of desktop computers and peripherals.
- Answer to and perform moves, adds, and changes requests as they are submitted by line managers.
- Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, then provide performance statistics and reports.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- The role will also be required to deliver IT induction courses for new joiners. This is as a backup role to the IT Trainer and will only be required to cover the courses during their absence or during major system deployments.
- Out of hours scheduled system testing or upgrading.
- Any other tasks and projects as required.
About the Team
The key relationships of this role will be the following:
- Partners and lawyers
- PBS staff members in Geneva and Zurich
- Technology colleagues in Specialist and E2E functions
About the Candidate
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Completed professional education as computer scientist in the direction of systems engineering or a comparable education
- At least 3 years of professional experience of providing 1st and 2nd line IT support, preferably in a legal environment
- Very good knowledge of Windows 10 / Office 2016
- Excellent technical knowledge of desktop hardware and hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
- Extensive equipment support experience
- Well experienced with iOS mobile device management and support
- Document Management System (iManage preferred) know-how
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Service management tool experience
- Remote support experience
- Very strong customer focus and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (French and English, both orally and in writing, German (optional))
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize correctly
- Ability to present to large groups of people
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion
Why join us
Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organisation, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people -regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our Recruiting Team, Recruiting.Zurich@bakermckenzie.com.
Please note that only direct applications will be considered.
All designations are directed at all genders.