We are currently looking for minimum 5 years' experience Secretary for our office. The ideal candidate must have the following skills:
Internal and External communications skills:
- Extensive client liaison: acting as first point of contact for clients when lawyers unavailable, dealing with their queries where applicable, either on telephone or in person, as required - Promptly responding to telephone queries, checking and dealing with lawyer 's voicemail messages in their absence.
Managing lawyers' inboxes if required.
- Management of lawyers' diary.
- Dealing with issues when lawyer is absent.
- Responsibility for travel arrangements.
Technical and specialist skills:
- Typing and amending legal documents and correspondence.
- General administrative duties.
- Faxing, photocopying, scanning.
- New client administration.
- Searching files for lawyers as appropriate.
- Billing administration.
- Time entry administration.
- Managing lawyers' contacts lists.
- Maintaining department library and filing systems.
- Composing correspondence.
- Drafting replies to short letters and standard correspondence.
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations.
Job holder requirements:
- 'Can-do' attitude.
- Proactive, takes initiative.
- Consistently demonstrates secretarial competencies to the highest level in all areas.
- Strong technical skills.
- Proficient in all software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- High level organisational skills.
By all means, eligible applicants must have a proficiency both English and Spanish.
Other desirable skills:
- Proactive, problem solving.
- Ability to work well as a part of a team.
- Ability to work under demanding conditions.
- Capable of multitasking