You will join our compliance team, and provide service to clients on a variety of compliance matters.
Specifically, some of the duties will be the following:
- Advising clients on the implementation of crime prevention systems, together with colleagues in the criminal law department, including participating in the preparation of risk maps, analysing the existing controls and designing new policies, procedures and specific controls.
- Participating in internal investigations and coordinating the team made up of colleagues from other jurisdictions and departments.
- Advising national and international companies on designing and implementing their compliance programmes. For example, preparing anti-corruption policies or regulations of the whistleblowing channel and compliance body.
- Conducting compliance due diligence in the context of acquisitions, joint ventures or the hiring of agents and other intermediaries.
- Preparing and providing in-house training on compliance matters.
- Advising companies on compliance with export control regulations for military and dual-use items and international sanctions imposed by the EU.
- Promoting, coordinating and carrying out business development actions.
You will have the support of a small team of lawyers in the performance of your duties, under the direction of the area manager.
The profile sought is a lawyer with around five to six years of experience in the field of compliance, preferably in a legal services firm.
Candidates with less experience will also be considered, provided that their profile has been complemented with a specific postgraduate, masters or similar compliance training.
Experience in IT law and data protection will be also considered.
A high level of spoken and written English and a strong academic record are required.
We are looking for a dynamic, independent, responsible person who has ambition, good communication skills and can work in a team, with a clear vocation for client service and practising law.
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.