This is an exciting opportunity to join an all new EMEA Center to supervise a team of proposals coordinators within the Global Client Pursuits (GCP) team.
The GCP team enables the Firm to win, retain and grow business through powerful pitches. It is a large, high performing team with a robust infrastructure with opportunities to build a career in pitching in professional services.
The EMEA Center will be a virtual Center combining 2 proposals supervisors and 8-10 coordinators based in EMEA and within our current GCP Centers, the AP Center in Manila and the Americas Center in Buenos Aires.
The Centers are an integral part of the GCP function which is undergoing a dynamic transformation which includes alignment by region (EMEA, Americas and AP). Each region will combine a Center team and a team of pitch managers and specialists on the ground across the region.
The EMEA Center team will work on BAU proposals and essential capability statements, in collaboration with BDMC colleagues, as well as get involved in the Firm's most strategic pitches, teaming with GCP pitch managers across the region.
The supervisor role will be to supervise the team of coordinators to deliver the highest quality pitch service leveraging the Firm's content automation platform. The supervisor will also be involved in the delivery of a follow the sun service working with the AP and Americas GCP Centers.
- Supervise and coach coordinators to provide a high quality pitch service for the EMEA region and beyond, developing RFIs, RFPs, proposals, capability statements, and placemats working with GCP and BDMC colleagues.
- Operate as a project lead on BAU pitches, managing the proposals process from start to finish including writing and project management.
- Undertake quality reviews and checks on coordinators’ proposals including meeting client centric briefings and ensuring design and formatting consistency in line with the Baker McKenzie Style Guide, the pitch template and design guidelines.
- Assign appropriate coordinators using the ServiceNow case management system, transfer cases, log pitch details in trackers and facilitate daily hand-offs between shifts to ensure follow the sun coverage.
- Become deeply familiar with and leverage Baker McKenzie’s resources and processes including the content automation platform, the deals database, image libraries and much more.
- Act as primary backup for the pitch request intake team including case queue monitoring, where required.
- Participate in opportunity assessment discussions and in post-pitch debrief meetings, where needed.
- Collaborate on projects involving strategy and process to continually assist in the creation of new operational process improvements across the team.
- Generate and analyze daily and monthly request volume data, team utilization metrics, SLAs, client satisfaction survey results, win/loss rates and post-pitch client feedback.
- Collaborate with BDMC professionals worldwide including GCP managers, client managers, industry and practice group BDMs and in-market BDMs to leverage client intelligence, practice and industry know how, case studies and credentials.
- Be a change champion, while being an advocate for the team's physical and emotional well-being.
About The Team
The BDMC function works closely with our Partners and leadership teams to:
- Increase our revenue, profitability and share across markets, industries and clients
- Enable us to win, retain and grow business through powerful pitches, engaging thought leadership and strong relationship management
- Lead market & client intelligence efforts to create new service line opportunities in industry and practice groups
- Channel the Baker McKenzie brand, identity and culture through a single communications voice
This role will report to the GCP Center Manager, EMEA.
The direct reports of this role are the Coordinators.
The key relationships of this role are with the following:
- GCP Regional leaders, pitch managers and specialists
- GCP Strategy & Training Senior Manager
- GCP Content, Infrastructure and Automation
- Partners and other attorneys
- BDMC colleagues including client managers, IGs, PGs, in-market
- Other Professional Business Services (PBS) colleagues
About The Candidate
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 2 years of relevant supervisory experience, ideally in a virtual and multi-cultural environment
- Significant hands-on experience in proposal development including writing and project management is a huge advantage
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with and coach a remote team
- Persuasive and diplomacy skills; ability to deal autonomously with highly intelligent stakeholders at all levels
- Client service focus, flexibility, can-do attitude; motivated and enthusiastic; personal drive and energy
- Experience in BD/ communications in professional services is advantageous
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Photoshop is good to have
- Experience with ServiceNow or another case management system is preferred
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion.
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world's most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,200 people in 78 offices in 46 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people -- regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age -- to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As the first truly global law firm, diversity and inclusion are foundational to our culture and strategic vision. We are a Firm of individuals from across the globe with different backgrounds, ideas, and points of view who collegially work together to solve complex problems and design practical solutions for our clients. Our multiple perspectives come from many sources, including the diverse ethnicity, culture, gender, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, parental status, education, social background and life experience of our people.
Our global strategy is focused on our people, our culture, our clients and the communities where we operate. In 2019 we enacted ambitious new targets related to gender, racial and ethnic diversity at the Firm. These targets are viewed as a floor, not a ceiling, to advancing underrepresented groups, and they are backed by a variety of strategic initiatives aimed at achieving our goals. Our strategic vision is supported in London by six active employee led networks which champion diversity, lead on a number of internal campaigns and deliver a range of activity to celebrate differences in identity, inclusion, and key dates throughout the year including: LGBT+ History Month, International Women's Day, International Trans Day of Visibility, Mental Health Awareness Week, Pride, Black History Month, Social Mobility Week, International Day of Disabled Persons and many more!