We are currently seeking an ambitious, energetic and talented corporate Senior Associate, with at least five to six years PQE including experience in the Saudi Arabian legal market. This role will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Front-line management of deals, including drafting, negotiating, control of due diligence and disclosure exercises and closings, managing projects to a budget, and taking responsibility for client satisfaction.
- General corporate advisory on transactional corporate matters (such as shareholders' agreements, joint venture agreements, share sale and purchase agreements, non-disclosure agreements).
- Advise on KSA Corporate limited liability companies and joint stock companies, amendments to articles of association and bylaws of Saudi Arabian companies.
- Advise on shareholders' assembly meetings and resolutions of Saudi Arabian limited liability companies and joint stock companies.
- Advise on Saudi Arabian foreign investment regulations and licensing processes.
- Well-versed in the Saudi Arabian Companies Regulations and procedures and practices before the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Commerce and Ministry of Investment. Knowledge in bankruptcy law matters is preferable.
- Engaging in business development activities and being active in the promotion of the Firm and seeking opportunities for new work principally through supporting the relevant Partner.
- Working as part of a team including assisting with the supervision of junior and mid-level lawyers’ work, and taking an active part in sharing knowledge and experience with the team.
Our corporate practice is consistently top ranked in leading legal publications and highly recognized in the legal market.
The Corporate department provides skilled legal services in mergers and acquisitions (public and private), foreign investment, capital markets, competition, commercial and regulatory, real estate, construction, government contracts, commercial agency and franchising, to a wide range of clients, including listed companies, financial institutions, and major multinational corporates practice within the team. Our practice is broad, and much of what we do is cross-border.
The KSA Corporate Team is a large team and we work across six key industry groups: Consumer Goods & Retail, Energy Mining & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Industrials, Manufacturing &Transportation, Technology, Media and Telecoms.
Our key differentiator is our Lawyers who collaborate across borders, markets and industries around the globe. Our Lawyers embrace new ideas and emerging technologies to give businesses confidence in these uncertain times.
This position will be within the Corporate M&A team and will be based in Jeddah. As the Practice is fast growing, the prospects of career promotion are promising for the right candidate.
The emphasis is on developing well rounded, commercially aware, relationship-focused lawyers, who are interested in a long-term career in a global law firm.
Key Skills and Experience Required
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all or the majority of the following:
- A qualified/licensed lawyer
- Excellent Arabic-English communication skills (fluency in reading, writing, speaking and ability to translate and/or review translations)
- Initiative and proactivity
- Maturity and gravitas
- Strong service orientation - a "client first" culture
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship
- High work standards
- Flexible work practices
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to adapt style as required
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually
- A keenness to learn
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
At Legal Advisors in association with Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Please note - if you choose to submit your application using the 'Apply' button at the top and bottom of this page, please remember to attach a copy of your CV by clicking the file upload prompt at the bottom of the apply page.
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Majdouline Alarabi, Recruitment Manager, on + 971 4 423 0000
No agencies please
Please note Legal Advisors in association with Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Legal Advisors in association with Baker McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA – since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Legal Advisors in association with Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Baker McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.