The Moscow office of Baker McKenzie is accepting applications from law students for our 2021 Summer Internship Program. This program will give a real insight into what it is like to work at an international law firm and will help you make an informed decision about your future.
We invite students whose primary education is legal and who:
- are in their 4th-year of an LL.B or 1st-year of an LL.M degree program
- have fluent spoken and written English;
- have a sound knowledge of the law and a good academic background.
We are not just looking for candidates who are academically high achievers. We are looking for candidates who enjoy challenges and are open to new opportunities, who like taking responsibility and getting things done and who have the personality and disposition to become top class lawyers.
- a paid internship in 1-2 practice groups of your choice;
- an insight into the field of legal consulting;
- an extensive program of seminars, training sessions, and coaching opportunities, and a personally assigned mentor;
- participation in real projects under the supervision of qualified associates and partners;
- a commercial perspective, to complement your legal education;
- a chance to sign a permanent job contract.
- CV in English
- Cover letter in English. It should outline your interest in the Firm, and give an overview of your motivation for selecting your preferred area(s) of practice.
- Information on academic performance (scan of your diploma or grades book)
- One page essay on the topic: One 19th century Russian writer noted, "The severity of Russian laws is mitigated by the non-obligatory nature of their enforcement”. To what extent is this true today and what are the benefits/ disadvantages of such an approach?
If you want to start a career with Baker McKenzie, become familiar with the work of an international law firm, and put into practice all the knowledge gained at university, send your application no later than April 30, 2021 inclusive by e-mail to: email@example.com.
NOTE! You are responsible for making sure that all required documents are submitted in time. We reserve the right to reject any application that is submitted late, and/or is incomplete.
Please note that the application deadline is April 30, 2021 inclusive*
Program start date: July 19, 2021
Program length: 6 weeks
*Due to the uncertainty related to COVID-19, Baker McKenzie reserves the right to extend the submission deadline to give applicants more time and reaffirms its commitment to conduct an individualized, holistic review of each applicant.
Read about our Summer Internship Program 2021
Read about the 2021 Selection Process
More about us globally https://www.bakermckenzie.com/en/aboutus
More about expertise in Russia https://www.bakermckenzie.com/en/locations/emea/russia
All of your supporting documents should meet the following requirements:
PDF or .doc/.docx formats. Zip folders or other archive forlders, .jpg or .png are not accepted. If you are unsure how to convert your files to PDF or doc/docx formats;
One file = one documents. If one of your supporting documents contains more than one page, please ensure that it is contained and uploaded within a single electronic file, and that the pages are in the correct order.
entirely your own work, except where clearly indicated. Your work may be checked using plagiarism detection software or services.
Do not include password protection, as we will not be able to open the file. When your application is processed, all of the documents you have uploaded will be merged into a single PDF document, so make sure you have removed any encryption or password protection;
Do not upload all your supporting documents as one single file
HR & Administrative Manager