Baker McKenzie's Luxembourg office is part of a global law firm that offers a broad range of expertise and legal solutions tailored to the needs of our international clients. We advise clients on market-leading transactions in key industries, including banking, insurance, asset management, pharmaceuticals, oil, energy and real estate.
Our Tax department works with some of the most prominent multinational companies, private equity, real estate and fund firms in a variety of deal contexts. We help clients with the tax structuring of acquisition and disposal of enterprises, fund structuring, real estate transactions, the tax aspects of IPOs, capital markets instruments, and securitization transactions, tax due diligence and translation into the contractual documentation and transfer pricing.
Baker McKenzie Luxembourg is seeking a Tax Lawyer/ Tax Advisor to support and strengthen our team which offers an extensive range of services to our clients (tax consulting, legal advice, litigation, etc.).
You will be in charge of:
- Tax consulting to our domestic and international clients
- Advising clients on international tax planning, fund structuring, and resolution of tax disputes
- Actively participating in the management of cross-border projects, in drafting notes, reviewing, conducting legal research and negotiating documentation
- Liaising with clients, foreign offices and tax authorities
- Active participation in the development of strong client relationships with a focus on the excellence of requested services
- Participating in the development of our practice
- Being involved in knowledge sharing.
Experience and skills required:
- A qualified Tax Associate with experience in Luxembourg tax planning for domestic and international clients
- At least 4 years of experience at Associate or Senior advisor level
- Experience in tax litigation would be an asset
- Previous experience in a Luxembourg law firm or a Big 4 with a preference for a generalist exposure
- Admission to a European Bar or willingness to become a fully qualified Luxembourg lawyer
- Master’s degree in Business/Economics or/and Tax law
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Fluent in French and English, Luxembourgish and/or German would be an asset
- Motivation to join a stimulating environment
Candidates can submit their applications containing an introduction letter and a resume by email: firstname.lastname@example.org