Baker McKenzie's Luxembourg office is part of a global law firm that offers a wide range of expertise and legal solutions customised to our international clients' needs. We advise clients on market-leading transactions in key industries, including banking, insurance, asset management, pharmaceuticals, oil, energy and real estate.
Baker McKenzie Luxembourg is looking for a Professional Support Lawyer to participate in the development of our Corporate and Banking & Finance law departments.
As part of the lawyers' team, you will work in close collaboration with the lawyers/associates depending on the legal issues and informational needs relating to client files.
As a Professional Support Lawyer, you will be in charge of:
- Reviewing legal developments, particularly laws and regulations, significant case law and doctrine, and reporting to the lawyers team;
- Coordinating internal and external publications: client’s updates, newsflashes, brochures, etc;
- Providing guidance and legal research requested by the lawyers' team;
- Collecting, managing and developing documentation tools (precedents, models, etc.), and ensuring their appropriate diffusion;
- Providing academic and technical legal input for the preparation of seminars and presentations;
- Capturing internal knowhow and ensuring its appropriate distribution;
- Leading and preparing internal KM meetings, including all related documentation;
- Providing recommendations for the purchase of new legal books and electronic databases.
We are looking for:
- Candidates with four or five years' successful experience as a lawyer or a legal expert in Luxembourg with the ability to be a team player with strong technical skills and effective communication skills to keep relevant lawyers informed in a timely manner;
- Candidates with the highest working standards and strong service orientation — a "client first" culture — and excellent written communication and drafting skills are required; as well as the ability to demonstrate initiative and proactivity;
- Dynamic candidates with strong analytical skills, a pragmatic approach and human qualities;
- Candidates admitted to List I, List II or List IV, or in-house lawyers with an LL.M and/or MAS and/or J.D. degree;
- Candidates with a proficiency in English and French are required, since they are our working language;
- Talents who enjoy teamwork and share our entrepreneurial culture, which is based on pragmatism, listening and diversity.
Candidates can submit their applications containing an introduction letter and a resume by email: firstname.lastname@example.org