We are the New Lawyers
We are Baker McKenzie
Based in one of the world’s most important financial and holding centers, our Luxembourg office advises clients on major cross-border financings, transactions and investment structurings. Our significant matters include advising global asset managers on corporate, tax and regulatory structurings, as well as major investments.
Baker & McKenzie Luxembourg is looking for a trainee to work closely with our Professional Support Lawyers (PSLs) who are collaborating on a daily basis with lawyers depending on latest legal developments and their legal needs regarding clients matters. Our PSLs are insuring up to date legal expertise for our main practices as M&A, B&F, Funds, Real Estate, Employment and Litigation and IP/IT.
Our approach with trainees
At Baker McKenzie, we’re committed to nurturing and supporting our people within a personable, open, friendly and diverse environment. We want to make your career journey enjoyable and we are convinced that our way of working does just that. We believe in involving our Trainees in ‘live’ work from the very start. After a couple of weeks of training, you should find yourself equipped with everything you need to start making an immediate learning and contribution to reach the level of knowledge your expecting to get and more for your next professional challenges.
As a trainee, you will be in charge of:
- Assisting the PSLs for active and continuous legal monitoring of new laws and regulations, significant case law and
- Working with the PSLs in providing technical support on specific legal matters;
- Collecting, managing and developing Know-How and legal information with ensuring the appropriate diffusion;
- Providing support in preparing internal updates' meetings and presentations.
We are looking for a 6 months trainee with high interest for:
- Research and legal studies;
- Diversity in legal works (M&A, B&F, Funds, Real Estate, Employment and Litigation, and IP/IT);
- Developing versatile legal knowledge on multiple practices;
- Interacting with our technical experts within our different practice groups under the supervision of the PSLs.
You are :
- A candidate with strong academic and technical skills;
- Familiar with technology, willing to learn how to use new tools;
- Meticulous and thorough;
- Reliable, committed to learn and be of help;
- Able to demonstrate initiative and pro-activity;
- A candidate with good interpersonal skills, flexible and able to adapt styles as required;
- Pursuing a Master's degree in law;
- A candidate with very good command of both English and French.
Candidates may submit their application by email containing a letter of introduction and a resume by email to :