We are the New Lawyers
We are Baker McKenzie
Based in one of the world’s most important financial and holding centers, our Luxembourg office advises clients on major cross-border financings, transactions and investment structurings. Our significant matters include advising global asset managers on corporate, tax and regulatory structurings, as well as major investments.
Baker & McKenzie Luxembourg is looking for a trainee to work closely with our Professional Support Lawyer (PSL) who is collaborating on a daily basis with lawyers depending on latest legal developments and their legal needs regarding clients matters. Our PSL is insuring up to date legal expertise for our main practices as M&A, B&F, Funds and Real Estate.
Our approach with trainees
At Baker McKenzie, we’re committed to nurturing and supporting our people within a personable, open, friendly and diverse environment. We want to make your career journey enjoyable and we are convinced that our way of working does just that. We believe in involving our Trainees in ‘live’ work from the very start. After a couple of weeks of training, you should find yourself equipped with everything you need to start making an immediate learning and contribution to reach the level of knowledge your are expecting to get and more for your next professional challenges.
As a trainee, you will be in charge of:
- Assisting the PSL in writing and updating of internal templates and memos;
- Assisting the PSL for active and continuous legal monitoring of new laws and regulations, significant case law and doctrine;
- Working with the PSL in providing technical support on specific legal matters;
- Collecting, managing and developing Know-How and legal information with ensuring the appropriate diffusion;
- Providing support in preparing internal updates' meetings.
We are looking for a 6 months trainee with high interest for:
- Research and legal studies;
- Writing legal precedents and legal notes;
- Diversity in legal works (M&A, B&F, Funds, Real Estate and Immigration);
- Developing versatile legal knowledge on multiple practices.
You are :
- A candidate with strong academic, personal and technical skills;
- Able to demonstrate initiative and pro-activity;
- Flexible and able to adapt styles as required;
- A candidate with a Master degree in law and common with the Luxembourgish law
- Looking for a long internship (6 months);
- A candidate with very good command of both English and French;
- A candidate with outstanding academic credentials.
Candidates may submit their application by email containing a letter of introduction and a resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org