Baker McKenzie's Luxembourg office is part of a global law firm, which offers a wide range of expertise and legal solutions customized to our international clients' needs. We advise clients on market-leading transactions in key industries, including banking, insurance, asset management, pharmaceuticals, oil, energy and real estate.
Baker McKenzie Luxembourg is looking for an Experienced Associate focusing on regulatory matters in the financial sector to strengthen our practices and to participate in the development of our team.
Experience & skills required:
- Successful experience of minimum 4 years as a lawyer in a recognized law firm or as in-house lawyer in Luxembourg in banking and financial services, including dealing with regulatory issues, such as license applications, financial services, credit card and e-money activities and consumer related areas
- Knowledge of financial institutions regulations including MIFID, PRIPS, Solvency II
- Knowledge of Insurance law and regulation is a plus but is not mandatory
- Candidate with strong technical skills needed to support the client work of the department;
- Highest working standards with strong service orientation - a "client first" culture;
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills are required; as well as the ability to demonstrate initiative and pro-activity;
- Strong analytical skills and a pragmatic approach;
- Human qualities, pragmatic, open-minded and dynamic.
- Admitted to the Bar in Luxembourg, France or Belgium or in-house lawyer;
- Master degree in Law;
- Fluent in French and English, German will be an asset;
- Outstanding academic credentials.
Candidates may submit their application by email containing a letter of introduction and a resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org