(1 year fixed-term contract with possible extension)
Baker McKenzie's Luxembourg office is part of a global law firm, which offers a wide range of expertise and legal solutions customized to our international clients' needs. We advise clients on market-leading transactions in key industries, including banking, insurance, asset management, pharmaceuticals, oil, energy and real estate.
Baker & McKenzie Luxembourg is looking for an AML/KYC Compliance Coordinator to participate in the development of our Compliance department.
The AML/KYC Compliance Coordinator will undertake detailed analytical research of clients and parties to provide efficient and effective Client Due Diligence services to Firm Partners in new and existing client registrations and matters; will use knowledge and experience of Know Your Customer and Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions screening activities to carry out risk-based reviews and make decisions to support timely client on-boarding and matter processing, ensuring compliance with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements; undertake periodic reviews of existing client profiles.
- Undertake day-to-day compliance activities in line with relevant local AML/KYC obligations
- Provide all aspects of support to the firm, its Partners with regard to the AML/KYC function
- Collect KYC documents for a range of different transactions and relevant counterparties related to corporate business and appropriately respond to any queries and requests
- Diligently review and assess reputational risks associated with information and documents obtained and conclude its completeness and reliability
- Thoroughly document research and analysis of KYC data in the information systems in a manner suitable for review by internal and external stakeholders for the purposes of keeping up-to-date information in the context of the KYC measures and controls
- Make sound and educated decisions regarding the existence and validity of possible AML, Sanctions or reputational concerns and complete subsequent follow up activities in assisting the team in setting up and maintaining reporting and observing deadlines
- Undertake quality review of KYC records and conduct independent verification of client Due Diligence; Reviewing results of ongoing screening and monitoring activities to determine if further action or escalation is required, clearly documenting results and decisions made (identify weaknesses in the implementation of controls and recommend corrective actions)
- Perform Due Diligence checks on new and existing clients and monitor client transactions on a risk-based approach
- Ensure Client documentation is timely, accurate and complete and events properly documented
- Prepare KYC files for the client acceptance committee; support internal testing and audit requirements (internal audits & the Luxembourg bar) on compliance issues
- Provide administrative Support to the Managers of the department; Assist with developing training materials, presentations and courses on AML compliance awareness
- A minimum of 3-5 years experiences in a compliance, AML/KYC position;
- Understanding regulatory requirements, especially with relation to Anti-Money Laundering/Know-Your-Customer frameworks, policies and procedures
- Strong understanding of AML/CTF requirements and financial crime risks associated with the range of services in the legal industry
- Good relevant AML experience
- Experience of AML/KYC/Due Diligence processes, systems and knowledge of law firms specificities (access to a wide range of clients)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, time management, prioritization and research skills;
- Strong Excel and other relevant business software skills;
- Ability to work independently and also to liaise with other departments
- Flexibility, adaptability, reliability and commitment;
- Sense of initiative and problem-solving approach
- Ability to contribute ideas for process improvements and adapt easily to procedural changes
- Highest work standards with a strong service orientation - a "client first" culture.
- Fluent in English & French
Candidates may submit their application by email with a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org