The Almaty office of Baker McKenzie seeks an associate attorney with 5-7 years of experience for its Dispute Resolution Practice Group, supporting its commercial litigation practice, including international and domestic arbitration, complex business disputes, insolvency, administrative disputes. The position will provide hands on, highly challenging and interesting legal assignments.
The ideal candidate should have deposition and courtroom experience, as well as experience in case management, drafting pleadings and discovery, arguing motions, and taking and defending depositions is required.
Experience & skills required:
- A qualified lawyer with excellent academic credentials (5+ years of experience)
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills
- Strong analytical skills and a pragmatic approach
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually
- A keenness to learn
- Able to multi task
- Human qualities - open-minded and dynamic
- Must be admitted to practice in Kazakhstan
- LL.M degree preferred
- Fluent in Russian and English
Interested applicants should include a cover letter, resume and writing samples in Russian and English. Applications will be held in strictest of confidence.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.