Our Transfer Pricing and International Taxation team is looking for an economist from June 2021.
This dynamic team combines first-rate tax, legal and economic expertise in order to offer a wide range of services covering all transfer pricing issues.
The economist will be involved in the full range of projects of the transfer pricing team:
- Valuing intangible assets (brand, technology and goodwill), companies, shares, etc., in the context of business reorganizations, impairment testing or tax litigation.
- Designing transfer pricing policies of companies from various industries taking into consideration their strategic objectives:
- review, critical analysis and design of transfer pricing policies
- simulation of transfer pricing policies, including sophisticated methods such as the profit split method
- economic research and benchmarking studies aimed at justifying transfer pricing policies
- drafting transfer pricing documentation (presentation of the industry, value chain analysis, supply chain, functional analysis, selection and application of the most appropriate transfer pricing method, etc.)
- Intragroup financial policies: determining the credit rating and arm's length interest rate, analysis of implicit guarantees, etc
- Analyzing business models and value chain.
- Providing assistance in the context of tax audits, litigation and recourses before French and foreign administrations (APAs/MAP).
- Valuing damages in the context of commercial disputes.
They will be integrated in a team working in all areas of international taxation and transfer pricing and will work in close collaboration with lawyers.
- higher education in Grande Ecole de Commerce, master's degree in business administration or master's degree in economics/finance, demonstrating rigor and excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of economic and financial questions
- ideally, five to eight years of experience in transfer pricing
- excellent interpersonal skills, a team worker
- perfect command of English allowing you to work in an international environment; proficient in French, or basic French language with an appetite to learn more
- the position is based in Paris
Please send your application (CV and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org or to our recruitment department at the following address: email@example.com
Baker McKenzie overview
Across the world, Baker McKenzie benefits, with more than 6,000 lawyers and jurists in more than 77 offices, from a unique strength and unparalleled geographic coverage.
In Paris, the Firm has been present since 1963 and brings together almost 170 lawyers and jurists covering all areas of French law and international law, including competition/distribution, labor law, intellectual property, information and communication technologies, and taxation. Our tax department, one of the most extensive in the market, advises its clients on the taxation of French and foreign companies, value-added tax, tax disputes, the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions, employee benefits and wealth management.
The International Tax team is a point of contact for large international groups active in France and abroad on all subjects of international taxation.
Tier 1: Transfer Pricing team in France
World Transfer Pricing Guide, 2020
Excellent: Tax for International Groups
Décideurs Stratégie Finance Droit, 2019
Best of the Best, Transfer Pricing
and Women in Business Law
Expert Guide, 2020
Best in transfer pricing — C. Silberztein
European Women in Business Law awards, 2019
Band 1: Tax
Chambers Global, 2020
The Legal 500 EMEA 2020