We are currently seeking an ambitious, energetic and talented corporate Senior Associate, with at least 6-8 years PQE including experience. This role will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Work closely with multiple clients to advice on large scale, complex Egypt and border M&A and other corporate transactions (including private equity clients, SWFs, national and multinational corporations and regional funds and corporate conglomerates).
- Front-line management of deals, including drafting and negotiating key transaction documents, taking control of due diligence and disclosure exercises and managing closings with other members of the team. Managing projects to a budget and taking responsibility for providing high level of client service.
- Advise on key transaction documents for a variety of deals (such as shareholders' agreements, joint venture agreements, share sale and purchase agreements and ancillary documentation.
- Advise on Egyptian companies' law matters (including governance of local companies and common issues and advice in connection with constitutional documents of all types of legal entities)
- Advise on Egyptian foreign investment regulations and licensing processes.
- Engaging in business development activities and being active in the promotion of the firm and seeking opportunities for new work principally through supporting the Partners team.
- Working as part of a team including assisting with the supervision of junior and mid-level lawyers’ work, and taking an active part in sharing knowledge and experience with the team.
The Corporate department provides high level of M&A (public and private) services to a wide range of clients as well as advisory services covering a wide-range of corporate/commercial matters including foreign investment, capital markets, competition, commercial and regulatory, real estate, government contracts, commercial agency and franchising, to a wide range of clients. Clients include private equity funds, publically listed companies, sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions and major national and multinational corporations. Our practice is broad, and much of what we do is cross-border.
We work across 6 key industry groups: Consumer Goods & Retail, Energy Mining & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Industrials, Manufacturing & Transportation, Technology, Media and Telecoms.
Our key differentiator is our Lawyers who collaborate across borders, markets and industries around the globe. Our Lawyers embrace new ideas and emerging technologies to give businesses confidence in these uncertain times.
This position will be within the Corporate M&A team. The Senior Associate will primarily support our Corporate team in Cairo. As the practice is fast growing, the prospects of career promotion are promising for the right candidate.
The emphasis is on developing well rounded, commercially aware, relationship-focused lawyers, who are interested in a long-term career in a global law firm.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all or the majority of the following:
- A qualified lawyer with excellent academic credentials.
- Holding a master's degree from an abroad university is a plus.
- From six to eight years' experience in similar top tier or leading firm environment.
- Strong knowledge of the incorporation, share transfers and governance structures of Egyptian companies and joint stock companies.
- Excellent English communication skills (fluency in reading, writing, speaking and ability to translate and/or review translations), Arabic is a benefit.
- Experience in and strong understanding of corporate transactions.
- Exceptional technical, drafting, and commercial skills (especially in connection with key M&A documents, such as SPAs, .Shareholders Agreements/Joint Venture Agreements, Disclosure Letters, etc.).
- Commerciality and demonstrable business development experience
- Strong client service orientation - a "client first" culture.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship.
- Maturity, gravitas and emotional intelligence.
- High work standards.
- Flexible work practices.
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually
- A keenness to learn.
- Interest in the support and training of junior team members.
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm.
- Qualified candidates will have the ability to function smoothly in a global team environment with culturally diverse team members.
Why join us?
Helmy, Hamza & Partners member firm of Baker McKenzie, Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organizations through our 13,200 people in 78 offices in 46 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In Egypt, Helmy, Hamza & Partners member firm of Baker McKenzie provide a full service offering that supports all types of cross-border transactions such as multinational mergers and acquisitions, international finance and complex multi-jurisdictional litigation. Helmy, Hamza & Partners member firm of Baker McKenzie provides international clients with the right guidance and support to navigate the Egyptian legal system and support local clients having international transactions in coordination with the relevant Baker McKenzie offices or affiliated firms worldwide.
You will be part of a large corporate practice. The Corporate and Commercial and Banking and Finance practices are constantly ranked by the leading legal directories as top tier. Our teams include highly ranked leading individuals in their practice areas. Lawyers in Cairo office work with both English and Arabic documentation, and regularly collaborate with our international legal experts from over 70 Baker McKenzie offices and affiliated firms around the world to help Egyptian businesses, multinationals and financial institutions achieve their business objectives.
We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, friendly and supportive.
At with Hamza & Partners member firm of Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply button on this advertisement to complete the application form.
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact, in confidence, our Recruitment Manager on +971 4 423 0000.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Hamza & Partners member firm of Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Helmy, Hamza & Partners member firm of Baker McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA – since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Helmy, Hamza & Partners member firm of Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organizations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Hamza & Partners member firm of Baker McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.