The Finance Lead / Manager will act as a finance business partner and advisor to all legal professionals and staff in local markets. Responsible for local implementation of Finance processes, standards, and policies as set by the Firm and Global Process Owners.
As the overall EMEA+ Finance team is due to integrate across borders, this role will also contribute to shared initiatives and responsibilities across wider EMEA+ offices on a collective and coordinated basis with other senior roles across the region. The role may also evolve to assume responsibilities for additional EMEA+ markets or take the lead on particular functional areas across the region.
- Manage, develop and appropriately staff the local Finance team to support all Finance areas including, but not limited to: pricing support for partners and clients, working capital management, accounting, local regulatory requirements such as tax and statutory accounting, and Financial Planning & Analysis
- Work across borders and manage broader initiatives as assigned requiring close collaboration and coordination with colleagues in different markets
- Responsible for implementing PBS21 initiatives as they are developed in consultation with the Global Process Owners and functional leadership, including transitioning in-scope work from local office to service centers
- Advise, support, and help facilitate change for fee earners with respect to new Finance processes and policies that will likely be met with initial resistance. Identify opportunities, risks, and escalate issues as they arise
- Develop and foster a high performing multi-disciplinary Finance team that delivers results and superb customer service to clients, fee earners, and staff alike. Support the in-market teams as needed to ensure standard processes are being followed and feedback and suggestions are being addressed timely and constructively
- Act as business advisor and operations manager to office and regional leadership team. Inspire, initiate and lead all initiatives towards optimising the office financial performance. Provide strategic direction and oversight of front-end revenue, accounting, and cost control processes and outcomes
- Support in-market processes related to budgeting, partner compensation, and other local initiatives that are aligned with the Firm’s strategy, including initiatives managed by other functions such as Talent Management, Services, and Business Development. Constructively challenge business cases and plans, while identifying obstacles and opportunities to achieve stated financial goals
- Work with appropriate regional and functional resources to ensure that the office is compliant with all local tax, statutory, and/or AML requirements as it relates to accounting, client intake, client invoicing, vendor payments and other local obligations
- Explore market-leading practices and methods that can be adapted and introduced in order to drive greater financial efficiency and effectiveness by fully leveraging Center and Specialist teams. Instil a culture of continuous improvement
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree focusing on Financial Management, Accounting or other related areas(Masters in Business Administration - with a specialization in Finance - or a CA/CFA is preferred)
- Strong experience in similar Finance management roles within a professional services firm
- Proven ability to influence, interact and consult with senior leaders regarding finance processes, guidelines and compliances
- Demonstrated expertise in operational efficiency and financial accounting
- Strong in project management and systemic thinking
- Demonstrated ability to assess risk and take decisive, appropriate actions, especially in the case of exception requests
- Ability to network and collaborate with teams both regional and global, while acknowledging their cultural, social and academic diversity
- Working proficiency in using MS Office and other Productivity Tools
- Excellent English and Arabic communication skills (fluency in reading, writing, speaking)
At Baker McKenzie Habib Al Mulla, we welcome direct applications.
Please send your resume to Careers.Gulf@bakermckenzie.com.
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact, in confidence, Recruitment Manager on +97144230000.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie Habib Al Mulla does not accept unsolicited CVs.