The BD & Marketing Sr. Executive will have a wide array of responsibilities and the opportunity to directly influence the way marketing initiatives are developed and implemented.
1. Planning and Budget
- Cairo local BD/marketing plan, budget and department organization
2. Internal announcements and external Communication including Social Media and Press Releases
- Manage and supervise all Internal office announcements; and external communications including: Social media - press releases – sharing Global/Regional campaigns
3. Directories, Awards & League Tables
- Manage local submissions awards, rankings, and provide input for Global directory submissions
4. Events and webinars
- Supervise and manage Conference organization, seminars/webinars and social events including managing lawyers events attendance
- Manage and supervise Amcham, Legal500, IFLR1000 etc.
6. Office page/profile on external websites
- Manage and supervise BM.com, Amcham, IFLR1000, Legal500 etc.
7. ADHOC projects, client projects, CSR
- Ad hoc strategic office projects, any client care related projects and (CSR and D&I initiatives e.g. B-green and Bakerwomen)
Travel requirements: None
About the team
Function: The Firm's BDMC function works closely with our Partners and leadership teams to:
- Increase our revenue, profitability and share across markets, industries and clients
- Enable us to win, retain and grow business through powerful pitches, engaging thought leadership and strong relationship management
- Lead market & client intelligence efforts to create new service line opportunities in industry and practice groups
You will report to: BD & Marketing Director and Local Partner
Your direct reports, if any: N/A
- Managing Partner
- Local Partners
- In-Market BDMC team
About the candidate
Technical skills, qualifications and experience:
- Graduate degree in business, or related field preferred and/or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience working in a professional services environment, with experience leading BD/marketing for a practice group, service line or industry group
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent writing skills and ability to prepare specialized written materials
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Strong judgment and ability to make well-reasoned independent decisions
- Advanced understanding of strategic marketing and communications
- Self-motivated and independent, able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Comfortable working across multiple cultures and time zones in a matrix organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, including pleasant nature and ability to influence others
- High degree of attention to detail
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world's most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In the Gulf region Baker McKenzie has been active for more than three decades and our practice now boasts over 100 lawyers based in our seven offices in the Middle East - Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Cairo, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, and Riyadh. As a pioneering firm, we were most notably the first to enter both the Saudi and Egyptian markets.
The firm has built established and substantial presence in the Middle East & Africa region, with all offices working in close collaboration to service clients' needs on a range of matters, including banking and finance, project finance, Islamic finance, corporate/M&A and dispute resolution. We work closely with key local players — including governmental and regulatory entities, financial institutions, family-owned conglomerates and corporates across all industry sectors — as well with global investors and corporations establishing and consolidating their presence in the region.
Have a look at our YouTube channel to find out more about us!
We welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply button on this advertisement to complete the application form.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note we do not accept unsolicited CVs.
Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organisation, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
Baker McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA - since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Baker McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.