Students have the opportunity to work for one month in the Brussels or Antwerp office during the summer period. Every effort is made to ensure that this experience in the workplace allows you to enrich your working methods: you will be involved as part of the team whilst you are here, you will participate in Practice Group activities and you will have access to the support of the firm's document center.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your curriculum vitae together with a copy of transcripts of your academic results and cover letter
Key Skills and Experience Required
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all or the majority of the following:
- 3rd Bachelor of Laws or 1st Master of Laws or 2nd Master of Laws (only if you stay student after your 2nd Master of Laws (LLM, ManaMa,…) from a Belgian University
- Interest in the law practice of one (or more) of our practice groups :
- Banking & Finance
- Corporate (including Capital Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity)
- Dispute resolution
- Intellectual property
- International commerce & trade
- Real Estate
- Good academic background
- Excellent command of English and good knowledge of French and/or Dutch
Why join us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world's most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,200 people in 78 offices in 46 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
Baker McKenzie opened its first Belgian office in Brussels in 1957. In 2002, it opened its Antwerp office. Today, Baker McKenzie has more than 80 Belgian qualified lawyers across the two offices
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Named Global Law Firm of the Year in Europe at the Lawyer European Awards 2021
- Named Leading Legal Brand for the 12th Consecutive Year by Thomson Reuters Global Elite Law Firm Brand Index
- Ranked as one of the Stonewall Top Global Employers for 2022 with a Gold Award on Stonewall's Global Workplace Equality Index of Top Global Employers for LGBTQ+ people, reflecting our commitment to our progressive values and our collaborative, diverse and inclusive culture
- Top 75 employers in the 2021 Social Mobility Employer Index
- 2022 Hall of Fame for the Best Law Firm for Women - Working Mother Magazine
- One of the Top Law Firms for Women - Law360 Glass Ceiling Report 2020
- 2020 Best Law Firm for Women in Europe and Asia - Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards
- Recognised as a global leader in the climate change sphere by Global Market Leaders 2022
- Recognised by Accenture in 2022 in its Outside Counsel Diversity Awards for its efforts around increasing equality and inclusion in the legal profession
- Belgium Tax Disputes Firm of the Year 2021 - ITR European Tax Awards 2021
- Climate Change Firm of the Year 2020 - Who's Who Legal Awards
- TARGET job awards 2020 - Finalist for most popular graduate recruiter in law
Have a look at our YouTube channel to find out more about us!
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
As the first truly global law firm, diversity and inclusion are foundational to our culture and strategic vision. Our diversity makes our global community stronger, more interesting and richer in thought, and helps us in solving complex problems and designing practical solutions for our clients.
- We view diversity and inclusion as a business imperative, and seek to engage with our clients to drive diversity and inclusion both within our Firm and in the broader legal community. Diverse teams make innovation possible, provide us greater insight into client needs, and lead to better performance
- Our approach is global and inclusive. We have more than 13,000 employees in 46 countries who speak 80+ languages, and we want to ensure that all of our people feel included and empowered
- The D&I Agenda is championed at the highest level by our Global Chair and our Global Executive Committee whose members each have KPIs around diversity
- We have a Global D&I Committee who actively work to drive forward the firm's diversity and inclusion strategy and monitors progress through regular meetings and leadership accountability
- We are proactively cultivating a diverse and inclusive environment through leadership accountability, policies and practices and client and community outreach.
In 2019 we enacted global targets of 40% women, 40% men and 20% flexible (women, men or non-binary persons) by July 2025. The targets apply to partners, senior business professionals, committee leadership and candidate pools for recruitment.