The purpose of the Senior Analyst role is to ensure the proper functioning of personal computing and office technology so that end users can most efficiently and effectively accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritising, documenting, and actively resolving customer requests and escalations from the Global Service Desk. Problem resolution will involve the use of incident management tools, as well as hands-on support at the on-site level.
The Senior Analyst is expected to take on a technical lead role and take ownership of office based IT projects. The Senior Analyst may also ensure appropriate work allocation in their team and provide technical mentoring support to Technicians and Analysts.
- Perform hands-on fixes, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, managing mobile devices, implementing file backups, and configuring applications.
- Owns and drives issues to resolution including escalation to specialized resources within the broader IT organization. Remains engaged on issues until resolution.
- Provide technical support for client facilities such as video conferencing and audio conferencing services.
- Lead, coordinate and participate in improvements as they relate to the on-site IT environment.
- Serves as an advocate for the organization’s information security management system. Assists customers to work efficiently within the ISMS framework.
- Test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to customer requests.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyse trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Field incoming requests from customers via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Build rapport with customers.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Prioritise and escalate problems (when required).
- Record, track, and document problem-solving processes, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Understands the essential responsibilities of the position and works to continuously to build and improve the skills necessary to be proficient in the role.
- Supports operates and maintains AV equipment for live meetings and events.
- Provides support and demonstrates expert knowledge for online webinar tools and applications.
- Acts as backup trainer when requested.
- Mentor and coach Technicians and Analysts.
- Coordinate work allocation.
- Take on technical leadership in nominated areas of on-site support.
- Experience in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field for 5+ years.
- Microsoft MCP desired or other appropriate certification.
- Excellent knowledge of computer hardware with a focus on workstations and laptops.
- Demonstrable area of technical specialisation and experience on coaching/mentoring others in technical roles.
- Significant experience with Microsoft Windows.
- Significant application support experience with Microsoft Office.
- Proven track record of working under Service Level Agreements and a Service Desk framework.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
This role does not typically have travel requirements however may have occasional travel to provide temporary support to other offices as required.
This role covers our Antwerp office with regular travel to provide support.
In cases where support needs to be provided in languages other than English, proficiency in Dutch and French is also required.
Flexibility to work on projects and tasks outside of business hours and in weekends to ensure minimal disruption to the business will be necessary from time to time.