Our Brussels practice advises on the entire spectrum of competition law and related policy issues. We assist clients with global merger control, foreign investment and other transaction-related advice. We defend clients in investigations and sector inquiries. We help structure vertical supply chains and complex horizontal collaboration agreements and we advise on abuse of dominance, State aid and foreign subsidy rules. We also have market-leading specialist regulatory teams focused on three sectors undergoing profound transformation: energy transition, healthcare/life sciences, and technology. We provide our clients with joined up holistic advice on many of their most significant competitive challenges.
Our clients are leading multinational companies and the vast majority of our assignments involve cross-border work, which means that you will work alongside members of the Firm's offices in other countries on a regular basis.
Who are you?
You are a lawyer qualified (or close to qualification) in an EU Member State or the UK, with a good academic record and with one to seven years of experience working in the field of competition and/or EU law. You must be able to communicate fluently in English.
You enjoy working in a fast-paced and international environment. You are capable of seeing the bigger picture and are solution-oriented. You thrive in a collaborative environment and possess excellent teamwork and social skills. You find it stimulating to work on a wide range of projects and are used to working independently to meet deadlines.
What we can offer you
Our Brussels competition law practice is a cornerstone of our global Antitrust & Competition Practice that has been ranked as a global elite practice by the prestigious Global Competition Review. You will be part of a dynamic industry leader that invests heavily in the development of our people, both in the area of personal development and career advancement.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm.
As the first truly global law firm, diversity and inclusion are foundational to our culture and strategic vision. Our diversity makes our global community stronger, more interesting and richer in thought, and helps us in solving complex problems and designing practical solutions for our clients.
- We view diversity and inclusion as a business imperative, and seek to engage with our clients to drive diversity and inclusion both within our Firm and in the broader legal community. Diverse teams make innovation possible, provide us greater insight into client needs, and lead to better performance
- Our approach is global and inclusive. We have more than 13,000 employees in 46 countries who speak 80+ languages, and we want to ensure that all of our people feel included and empowered
- The D&I Agenda is championed at the highest level by our Global Chair and our Global Executive Committee whose members each have KPIs around diversity
- We have a Global D&I Committee who actively work to drive forward the firm's diversity and inclusion strategy and monitors progress through regular meetings and leadership accountability
- We are proactively cultivating a diverse and inclusive environment through leadership accountability, policies and practices and client and community outreach.
In 2019 we enacted global targets of 40% women, 40% men and 20% flexible (women, men or non-binary persons) by July 2025. The targets apply to partners, senior business professionals, committee leadership and candidate pools for recruitment.