The Brussels office of Baker McKenzie seek highly motivated junior associates to join the corporate practice group.
The junior associates will have the opportunity to work with multinational clients in a multicultural Firm and to participate in local and European level Practice Group meetings and external seminars. The Firm offers a stimulating work environment with an open, friendly and enthusiastic atmosphere.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your curriculum vitae together with a copy of transcripts of your academic results and cover letter .
You will be part of a team of experienced deal do-ers serving both local and international clients in high profile mergers & acquisitions, private equity and capital markets transactions, both in Belgium and abroad.
Our Corporate Finance Team is one of the leading legal Corporate Finance practices in Belgium. We help clients with strategic corporate finance transactions, such as public and private mergers & acquisitions, IPOs and other capital market transactions, private equity & venture capital investments, buy-outs and fund structuring.
We also help our clients in managing more complex corporate matters, as well as large global corporate reorganizations.
Our clients include leading local corporates and institutions, as well as some of the largest international groups, across a broad range of industries and activities.
Key Skills and Experience Required
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all or the majority of the following:
- Master of Laws from a Belgian University
- Strong academic track record
- Excellent command of English and good knowledge of French and/or Dutch
- An additional foreign Law Degree is recommended
- Strong client-service orientation
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
Why join us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world's most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,200 people in 78 offices in 46 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
Baker McKenzie opened its first Belgian office in Brussels in 1957. In 2002, it opened its Antwerp office. Today, Baker McKenzie has more than 80 Belgian qualified lawyers across the two offices
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Named Global Law Firm of the Year in Europe at the Lawyer European Awards 2021
- Named Leading Legal Brand for the 12th Consecutive Year by Thomson Reuters Global Elite Law Firm Brand Index
- Ranked as one of the Stonewall Top Global Employers for 2022 with a Gold Award on Stonewall's Global Workplace Equality Index of Top Global Employers for LGBTQ+ people, reflecting our commitment to our progressive values and our collaborative, diverse and inclusive culture
- Top 75 employers in the 2021 Social Mobility Employer Index
- 2022 Hall of Fame for the Best Law Firm for Women - Working Mother Magazine
- One of the Top Law Firms for Women - Law360 Glass Ceiling Report 2020
- 2020 Best Law Firm for Women in Europe and Asia - Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards
- Recognised as a global leader in the climate change sphere by Global Market Leaders 2022
- Recognised by Accenture in 2022 in its Outside Counsel Diversity Awards for its efforts around increasing equality and inclusion in the legal profession
- Belgium Tax Disputes Firm of the Year 2021 - ITR European Tax Awards 2021
- Climate Change Firm of the Year 2020 - Who's Who Legal Awards
- TARGET job awards 2020 - Finalist for most popular graduate recruiter in law
Have a look at our YouTube channel to find out more about us!
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
As the first truly global law firm, diversity and inclusion are foundational to our culture and strategic vision. Our diversity makes our global community stronger, more interesting and richer in thought, and helps us in solving complex problems and designing practical solutions for our clients.
- We view diversity and inclusion as a business imperative, and seek to engage with our clients to drive diversity and inclusion both within our Firm and in the broader legal community. Diverse teams make innovation possible, provide us greater insight into client needs, and lead to better performance
- Our approach is global and inclusive. We have more than 13,000 employees in 46 countries who speak 80+ languages, and we want to ensure that all of our people feel included and empowered
- The D&I Agenda is championed at the highest level by our Global Chair and our Global Executive Committee whose members each have KPIs around diversity
- We have a Global D&I Committee who actively work to drive forward the firm's diversity and inclusion strategy and monitors progress through regular meetings and leadership accountability
- We are proactively cultivating a diverse and inclusive environment through leadership accountability, policies and practices and client and community outreach.
In 2019 we enacted global targets of 40% women, 40% men and 20% flexible (women, men or non-binary persons) by July 2025. The targets apply to partners, senior business professionals, committee leadership and candidate pools for recruitment.