Associates — Competition Law
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm and one of the world's leaders in the field of business law. The Firm is growing and we are currently looking for associates to join our multinational competition law group in Brussels.
Our Brussels practice advises on the entire spectrum of competition law and related issues. We assist clients with global merger control and other transaction-related advice. We defend clients in investigations and sector inquiries. We help structure vertical supply chains and complex horizontal collaboration agreements and we advise on abuse of dominance, State aid and foreign investment and subsidy rules.
Most of our assignments involve cross-border work, which means that you will work alongside members of the Firm's offices in other countries on a daily basis.
Our clients are leading multinational companies.
Who are you?
You are a lawyer qualified (or close to qualification) in an EU Member State or the UK, with a good academic record and with one to seven years of experience working in the field of competition law. You must be able to communicate fluently in English.
You enjoy working in a fast-paced and international environment. You are capable of seeing the bigger picture and are solution-oriented. You thrive in a collaborative environment and possess excellent teamwork and social skills. You find it stimulating to work on a wide range of projects and are used to working independently to meet deadlines.
What we can offer you
Our Brussels competition law practice is a cornerstone of our global Antitrust & Competition Practice that has been ranked globally as No. 1 for Cartels and No. 3 for Mergers by the prestigious Global Competition Review. You will be part of a dynamic industry leader that invests heavily in the development of our people, both in the area of personal development and career advancement.
Please contact Joost Haans at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Baker McKenzie:
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world's most dynamic and successful business organizations through our 13,200 people in 77 offices in 46 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform to the highest standard. Our culture encourages us to work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
The strength of the Firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- "Global Law Firm of the Year in Europe" at the Lawyer European Awards 2020
- Acritas' Global Elite Law Firm Brand for 11 consecutive years
- Stonewall Top Global Employer for 2020, reflecting our commitment to our progressive values and our collaborative, diverse and inclusive culture
- 2020 "Best Law Firm for Women in Europe and Asia," Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards
Have a look at our YouTube channel to find out more about us.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
As the first truly global law firm, inclusion and diversity (I&D) is foundational to our culture and strategic vision. Our diversity makes our global community stronger, more interesting and richer in thought, and helps us in solving complex problems and designing practical solutions for our clients.
- We view inclusion and diversity as a business imperative, and seek to engage with our clients to drive progress both within our Firm and in the broader legal community. Diverse teams make innovation possible, provide us greater insight into client needs and lead to better performance.
- Our approach is global and inclusive. We have more than 13,000 employees in 46 countries who speak 80-plus languages, and we want to ensure that all of our people feel included and empowered.
- The I&D agenda is championed at the highest level by our global chair and our Global Executive Committee whose members each have KPIs around diversity.
- We have a Global I&D Committee tasked with driving forward the Firm's inclusion and diversity strategy and it monitors progress through regular meetings and leadership accountability.
- We are proactively cultivating an inclusive and diverse environment through leadership accountability, policies and practices and client and community outreach.
In 2019, we enacted global targets of 40% women, 40% men and 20% flexible (women, men or non-binary persons) by July 2025. The targets apply to partners, senior business professionals, committee leadership and candidate pools for recruitment.