The Brussels offices of Baker McKenzie seek a highly motivated mid-level associate the Banking & Finance practice group.
The associate will have the opportunity to work with multinational clients in a multicultural Firm and to participate in local and European level Practice Group meetings and external seminars. The Firm offers a stimulating work environment with an open, friendly and enthusiastic atmosphere.
Key Skills and Experience Required
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all or the majority of the following:
- Master of Laws from a Belgian University
- Strong academic track record
- Excellent command of English and good knowledge of French and/or Dutch
- An additional foreign Law Degree is recommended
- Strong client-service orientation
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
Why join us?
Our banking and finance team represents a wide range of clients, including some of the largest Belgian and multinational corporations, international investment banks, reputed private equity houses, prominent real estate investors and other financial institutions at all stages of financing transactions - from origination, negotiation and documentation to closing. Our lawyers have broad experience and sophisticated capabilities in key market sectors such as leveraged acquisition finance, real estate finance, export finance and structured capital markets, and have been involved in many of the market-leading financing deals of the last years.
The team is part of one of the largest banking and finance practices of any law firm, with over 600 banking and finance lawyers in more than 75 offices worldwide, including the world's largest financial centers and key emerging markets. Over the last years our strong and established team in Belgium has been consistently ranked by legal directories among the top practices in the country. The work we offer our team members is varied, of high-value and international in nature, and is often part of a cross-practice effort also including eg. private equity, real estate and tax specialists.
Our Banking and Finance team advises on a wide range of matters specialising in the areas of:
- Acquisition finance
- Asset and aircraft finance
- Financial restructuring and creditor rights
- Global custody
- Loans and credit facilities
- Project finance
- Real estate finance
- Trade finance
Have a look at our YouTube channel to find out more about us!
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm.
As the first truly global law firm, diversity and inclusion are foundational to our culture and strategic vision. Our diversity makes our global community stronger, more interesting and richer in thought, and helps us in solving complex problems and designing practical solutions for our clients.
We view diversity and inclusion as a business imperative, and seek to engage with our clients to drive diversity and inclusion both within our Firm and in the broader legal community. Diverse teams make innovation possible, provide us greater insight into client needs, and lead to better performance
- Our approach is global and inclusive. We have more than 13,000 employees in 46 countries who speak 80+ languages, and we want to ensure that all of our people feel included and empowered
- The D&I Agenda is championed at the highest level by our Global Chair and our Global Executive Committee whose members each have KPIs around diversity
- We have a Global D&I Committee who actively work to drive forward the firm's diversity and inclusion strategy and monitors progress through regular meetings and leadership accountability
- We are proactively cultivating a diverse and inclusive environment through leadership accountability, policies and practices and client and community outreach.
In 2019 we enacted global targets of 40% women, 40% men and 20% flexible (women, men or non-binary persons) by July 2025. The targets apply to partners, senior business professionals, committee leadership and candidate pools for recruitment.