The Global Marketing and Business Development Lead - Dispute Resolution (DR) & Investigations, Compliance & Ethics (ICE) will develop the go-to-market strategy, Plan, and global BD & marketing programs for the Global Practice Group (the "Group"), working closely with the Global Steering Committee.
Working at Baker McKenzie:
Baker McKenzie is the world’s leading law firm with offices all over the world. Our Belfast Centre is home to over 400 teammates in both legal and professional services such as finance, IT, marketing, and business support.
We offer one of the best workplace benefits packages in the business with comprehensive private health cover, income protection, life assurance and a full employee assistance plan. These and a host of other benefits make us one of the most desirable companies to work for in Belfast.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, diversity, and equity for all and are confident we can provide a career as individual and as exceptional as you.
About the role:
As part of this role, the successful candidate will:
- Work with sector BD and client teams to promote the Global Practice Group's (GPGs) services and drive more profitable, institutionalized client relationships.
- Research the target global clients.
- Collate research and client intelligence to understand market needs and the competitive landscape.
- Support implementation of strategic BD programs
- Provide content for input into cross-regional high-value pitches.
- Define the Practice Group (PG) value proposition to communicate through core marketing materials and engaging campaigns and events.
- Establish a differentiated value proposition and associated messaging and integrate them into core marketing materials.
- Create a core set of client-facing global marketing materials to include global capability statements, pitch materials, a curated list of landmark deals and matters, case studies.
- Shape high-impact events to deliver the pipeline of opportunities and ROI.
- Develop distinctive client solution(s) to equip our partners to sell/capture high-value client work and establish the firm as counsel of choice.
- Focus on high-value growth opportunities.
- Collaborate across PGs/IG to develop high value solutions.
- Identify and promote related experts and experience.
Brand and profile
- Raise the profile of the Firm internally and externally (thought leadership, seminars, etc)
- Develop high-impact global campaigns to raise the profile of the group and selected lawyers.
- Lead on internal global townhalls and strategic communications.
To be successful in this role you will need:
Skills and Experience:
- Significant post-qualification business development and/or marketing experience in a law firm or business services organization
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written) and the confidence to communicate in a multi-cultural, multi-level environment.
- Experience working directly with senior counterparts on strategy and execution.
- Management experience with direct reports
- Excellent time management and organizing skills; ability to prioritize and manage time to meet deadlines.
- Strong word processing and spreadsheet skills