The Global Marketing and Business Development Lead – Health Care and Life Sciences (HCLS) will be responsible for developing the go-to-market strategy, plan, and global BD and marketing programs for the Global Industry Group (the "Group"), working closely with the Global Steering Committee.
Working at Baker McKenzie:
Baker McKenzie is the world’s leading law firm with offices all over the world. Our Belfast Centre is home to over 400 teammates in both legal and professional services such as finance, IT, marketing, and business support.
We offer one of the best workplace benefits packages in the business with comprehensive private health cover, income protection, life assurance and a full employee assistance plan. These and a host of other benefits make us one of the most desirable companies to work for in Belfast.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, diversity, and equity for all and are confident we can provide a career as individual and as exceptional as you.
About the role:
As part of this role, the successful candidate will:
- Work with sector client teams to generate demand for high-value services and drive more profitable, institutionalized client relationships.
o Identity the target global clients within the sector
o Utilize research and client intelligence to understand sector needs and the competitive landscape
o Lead on strategic BD programs e.g., SCF initiatives
o Provide input into high-value pitches in the sector
- Define the Industry Group value proposition and communicate through core marketing materials and engaging campaigns and events.
o Establish a differentiated value proposition and associated messaging and integrate into core marketing materials
o Create a core set of client-facing global marketing materials to include global capability statements, pitch materials, a curated list of landmark deals and matters, case studies
o Shape high-impact campaigns and events to deliver a pipeline of opportunities and ROI
IG Solutions and Services
- Develop distinctive client solution(s) to equip our partners to sell/capture high-value client work and establish the firm as counsel of choice.
o Focus on high-value growth opportunities
o Collaborate across Practice Groups/Industry Groups to develop high-value sector focussed solutions
o Lead on Identification and promotion-related experts and experience
Brand and Profile
- Raise the profile of the Firm internally and externally (thought leadership, seminars, etc.)
o Develop high-impact campaigns to raise the profile of the group and selected lawyers
o Lead on internal townhalls and strategic communications
- Act as a strategic advisor to the Industry Group Chair and provide coordination across Knowledge Management, Business Development, and Client teams.
o Lead on SC engagement and priorities.
o Manage business plan execution and prioritization
o Manage IG budget and investments
o Collaborate with regional/alliance teams on implementation
To be successful in this role you will need:
Skills and Experience:
- Significant post-qualification business development and/or marketing experience in a law firm or other business services organization.
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written) and the confidence to communicate in a multi-cultural, multi-level environment.
- Experience working directly with senior counterparts on strategy and execution.
- Management and influencing experience with direct reports.
- Excellent time management and organizing skills; ability to prioritize and manage time to meet deadlines.
- Strong word processing and spreadsheet skills