Role Type: Two year fixed term contract
Closing date: 23rd February 2024
Working at Baker McKenzie:
Baker McKenzie is the world’s leading law firm with offices all over the world. Our Belfast Centre is home to over 400 teammates in both legal and professional services such as finance, IT, marketing and business support.
We offer one of the best workplace benefits packages in the business with comprehensive private health cover, income protection, life assurance and a full employee assistance plan. These and a host of other benefits make us one of the most desirable companies to work for in Belfast.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, diversity and equity for all and are confident we can provide a career as individual and as exceptional as you.
Would you like to gain experience in International Marketing and Business Development in professional services sector and work with the colleagues across different parts of the world on regular basis? Our Baker McKenzie Marketing and Business Development Graduate Programme offers just that.
Our Marketing, Business Development and Communications Graduate Programme invites graduates from Marketing, Communications, Business Studies, Management or any relevant degree to apply for this unique opportunity.
You will experience a career in five different business areas of Business Development, Marketing and Communication (BDMC) on rotation:
- Marketing and Communications (MarComms),
- Practice Group and Industry Group Business Development(PG/IG BD),
- Client team
- Pitch and Pursuits
- Directories and Surveys (DAS)
This will allow you to gain invaluable experience, develop relationships with colleagues across the departments and help you decide the best career path for you.
You will work with the Belfast based team - of over 40 specialists across Marketing, Comms, Media, Practices, Industries, Clients, and Pursuits, supporting colleagues in developing and implementing plans and gaining hands on experience in a global law firm in one of the largest BDCM teams in Northern Ireland.
The programme starts with a comprehensive two-week induction where you will get up to speed with the Firm processes and policies. At the beginning of each rotation, you will receive department specific training and you will be assigned a mentor who will allocate your work and provide daily support. The mentor will work alongside the department manager to oversee your progress and development. The core responsibilities will differ as you rotate around each department allowing you to gain a broad skillset.
The BDMC function works closely with our Partners and leadership teams to:
- Increase our revenue, profitability and share across markets, industries and clients.
- Enable us to win, retain and grow business through powerful pitches, engaging thought leadership and strong relationship management.
- Lead market & client intelligence efforts to create new opportunities in industry and practice groups.
- Channel the Baker McKenzie brand, identity and culture through a single communication voice.
Key Activities in each of the departments:
Marketing and Communications (MarComms)
- Assist in the implementation of all integrated marketing and communications initiatives, such as campaigns, thought leadership and publications.
- Increase engagement with the Firm by writing, editing and deploying digital content.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience ·
- Work with offices, practice groups and other Firm stakeholders to develop and advise on marketing initiatives.
Practice Groups and Industry Groups Business Development (PG/IG BD)
- Support the development and execution of business development and marketing day-to-day activities and programmes for the Industries and Practices
- Developing marketing materials to support campaigns, events and client engagement.
- Create supporting infrastructure for PG/IG ensuring materials are up to date and accessible.
- Support targeted client initiatives and ensuring that related activity is documented and shared with relevant stakeholders.
- Creating and maintain membership lists, client contacts and mailing lists.
- Gather research for client relationships using firm-wide systems and other teams and input into systems where relevant to do so.
- Assist with overall coordination of newsletters, client alerts, documents and reports; assist in the preparation and execution of webinar broadcasts.
- Assist with BakerMcKenzie.com updates - scheduling featured insights, updating page content, content tagging.
- Track and update databases and Blog
Pitches and Pursuits
- Support pursuits team in development of pitches
- Writing content and creating materials for pitches
- Source firm-wide base data to support key pursuits and targeting initiatives.
Directories and Surveys (DAS)
- Coordinate and draft documents that highlight the Firm's work over the past 12 months for both law firm ranking purposes and awards opportunities.
- Collaborate directly with Partners and colleagues from a wide range of Baker McKenzie offices and practices around the world to draft these submissions.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 2:1 degree in Business Studies, Marketing, Communications or related degree. (Applicants must have graduated by September 2024)
- Good communication skills, including the ability to liaise with people across the business.
- Excellent Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong time management skills and client service orientation.
- Demonstrates initiative and a self-starter.
- Able to present ideas and views clearly and with confidence.
- Creative problem solving
- Very high level of attention to detail
- Very high work standards
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well both in a team and individually.
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm.