The Legal Project Management Tech & Ops Analyst will assist with all aspects of supporting Legal Project Management (LPM) including finance and operations, and systems and technology, enabling the LPM team to focus on people, profitability and client (internal and external) outcomes.
They will work closely with the LPM Tech & Ops Lead to support LPM goals and metrics; day-to-day department operations, including reporting, dash-boarding, budgeting, and financial management; change management and continuous improvement of LPM service delivery.
They will support LPM colleagues and legal stakeholders in the Firm on client and internal projects by helping teams to leverage existing Firm technologies and embed data-driven project management best practice.
Working at Baker McKenzie:
Baker McKenzie is the world’s leading law firm with offices all over the world. Our Belfast Centre is home to over 400 teammates in both legal and professional services such as finance, IT, marketing and business support.
We offer one of the best workplace benefits packages in the business with comprehensive private health cover, income protection, life assurance and a full employee assistance plan. These and a host of other benefits make us one of the most desirable companies to work for in Belfast.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, diversity and equity for all and are confident we can provide a career as individual and as exceptional as you.
About the role:
As part of this role, the successful candidate will:
- Contribute to special strategic projects and initiatives led by LPM Tech & Ops Lead as delegated by the Director of Legal Project Management
- Assist with identifying, and executing on critical business change management initiatives, and high priority strategic and process improvement projects across LPM with a focus on standardizing, simplifying and streamlining processes; implementing mechanisms to track, measure and report on results and benefits
- Support the continual improvement of firm financial and project reporting on projects by defining and championing business user needs
- Facilitate capacity tracking and demand management for new and existing projects
- Assist with implementation and ongoing support of new technology, including working closely with other technical experts in the firm to support the testing and rollout of new technologies
- Work with diverse global teams to solve data-related challenges on client projects, and help develop solutions to empower non-expert users of technology
To be successful in this role you will need:
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a significant data analytics/data science focus
- Extensive experience working in large complex organizations ideally in a law firm or professional services firm
- Strong technology background with the ability to quickly learn and master new technologies
- Proven ability to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to identify, define and solve business problems
- Excellent written and verbal English communication
- Superior data analysis skills including mastery of Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with databases and / or workflow automation tools is desirable
- Proven skills, knowledge and experience in preparing reports, executive summaries and status reports for consumption by the Firm's leadership and clients
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in data visualization and modelling
- Ability to interact and build trusted relationships with all levels of the organisation and across geographical and cultural boundaries
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Proactive and highly motivated approach; a self-starter with strong initiative and the ability to learn quickly
- Adept problem solver