The IAM Engineer will provide technical expertise in the design, implementation, and development of the Firm's identity and access management systems with an emphasis on securely facilitating business operations.
Working at Baker McKenzie:
Baker McKenzie is the world’s leading law firm with offices all over the world. Our Belfast Centre is home to over 400 teammates in both legal and professional services such as finance, IT, marketing and business support.
We offer one of the best workplace benefits packages in the business with comprehensive private health cover, income protection, life assurance and a full employee assistance plan. These and a host of other benefits make us one of the most desirable companies to work for in Belfast.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, diversity and equity for all and are confident we can provide a career as individual and as exceptional as you.
About the role:
As part of this role, the successful candidate will:
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the design, implementation, operation, and administration of the organization's identity and access management program, including federation, access management, authentication, access control, and service provisioning
- Critically analyze existing and potential IAM controls in a large, dynamic environment with a focus on continual improvement
- Provide expert consultation on IAM principles and practices to security team constituents
- Deliver world-class support for the systems and processes under your care
- Stay abreast of technological and threat environment changes that impact the IAM function, assist with creating and executing a comprehensive IAM vision to meet those challenges, and apply a strong sense of ownership and pride in program execution
To be successful in this role you will need:
Skills and Experience:
- Computer Science Bachelor’s degree or substantial equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise IAM architecture, administration, and operations
- Expertise with IAM in both cloud and hybrid environments
- Proficient with Microsoft IAM solutions and Azure privileged access management methods
- Skilled with Microsoft Azure Active Directory, ADFS, LDAP, and AD
- Commanding knowledge of SAML and OAuth
- Competent understanding of Zero Trust Models and NIST 800-53
- Mastery of role-based access control (RBAC) & MFA integration for IAM
- Experience with designing, configuring, and validating IAM policies
- CISSP, CIAM, or equivalent
- Working knowledge of the principles, theories, techniques, and methods of information system analysis and programming.
- Working knowledge of cloud security technologies, standards, and controls
- Expert analytical skills, including the gathering and analyzing of facts, formulating objective conclusions modified by subjective and experience-based qualifiers when appropriate, defining problems, and promoting solutions
- Ability to adapt, integrate, and modify existing programs or vendor-supplied package programs for use with existing information systems
- Proficient in oral and written English
- Ability to be productive and maintain focus without direct supervision