The Applications Engineer, Client Matter Solutions will support the business applications and operational activities related to Intapp CRM (BakerCI) and its supporting ecosystem. This role provides primary technical expertise and support to the Portfolio Manager and is responsible for maintaining sound technical architecture and solutions to application/s, assisting with the implementation of critical business strategies to help bridge the relationship between technology and the various business groups.
Working at Baker McKenzie:
Baker McKenzie is the world’s leading law firm with offices all over the world. Our Belfast Centre is home to over 400 teammates in both legal and professional services such as finance, IT, marketing and business support.
We offer one of the best workplace benefits packages in the business with comprehensive private health cover, income protection, life assurance and a full employee assistance plan. These and a host of other benefits make us one of the most desirable companies to work for in Belfast.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, diversity and equity for all and are confident we can provide a career as individual and as exceptional as you.
About the role:
As part of this role, the successful candidate will:
- Responsibilities include the technical planning, coordination, and completion of projects, and initiatives and performing a variety of tasks including identifying/foreseeing clients' needs, configuration of system enhancements, and upgrades, requirements interpretation/gathering, setting deadlines, identifying, and managing required resources and responsibilities, and monitoring project deliverables
- Maintain good health and maintenance of the products and technical solutions that support Baker CI by ensuring continued system availability, proper business functionality, proactive actions to address issues, and appropriate tracking of changes.
- Configure workflow forms, dashboards, and reports, to support the product's business transformation
- Support and maintain the product's object schema
- Provide technical support for the various supporting systems, deploying functional-related tasks, and act as primary lead for deploying technical solutions, software upgrades, reporting enhancements, and hotfixes in coordination with the functional teams
- Work with the Portfolio and Product Managers, Business Analysts, Developers, and other technical resources to develop new solutions, and process improvements, and serve as the conduit between the business and technology to improve the solution and delivery methodology
- Perform and manage technical tasks relating to planning, requirements analysis, design, testing, and/or implementation
- Provide technical guidance to functional and technical support team members in resolving issues as they arise
- Create and maintain technical documentation (Architecture Diagrams, Technical/Functional Specifications Document, Knowledge base articles, etc.) for all supported systems and implementations
- Liaise with the functional and technical support teams to ensure project deliverables are met and performed with uncompromising quality
- Coordinate and perform application testing and troubleshooting as required
- Takes ownership of user requests, incidents, etc. submitted via the Firm's Service Management solution (ServiceNow) and sees these through to completion promptly
- Assist team members with analysis and project-related tasks
To be successful in this role you will need:
Skills and Experience:
- University or College graduate with a diploma/degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- Must have strong SQL skills, .Net, and PowerShell scripting.
- Some knowledge of Integration Builder (IB) and Boomi Integration Platform (desirable)
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with familiarity working and deploying within an Agile framework.
- Experience with Cloud solutions management, including but not limited to upgrades, QA, and troubleshooting within various hosting environments such as Azure, AWS, etc.
- Communication skills - demonstrated ability to communicate professionally in business language, in both oral and written formats in English
- Ability to learn new skills in a short period
- Knowledge of and experience in the specific portfolio is considered a strong plus
- Experience in deploying, optimizing, and maintaining software solutions
- Experience in IT support
- Ability to adapt, integrate, and modify existing programs or vendor-supplied package programs for use with existing Portfolio applications
- Ability to work independently -AND- as a cohesive member of a team
- Will build and maintain trusted relationships and open two-way communications
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks concurrently
Analytical ability, including the gathering and analyzing of facts, and formulating objective conclusions by subjective and experience-based qualifiers
- Ability to translate functional issues and questions into application solutions
- Reasonable awareness of and interest in ICT trends relevant to the application portfolio
- Exposure to troubleshooting client-server, web-based technologies and applications
- Substantial familiarity with Microsoft products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project, MS Teams), Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, Microsoft SQL, SharePoint, and PowerBI
- Knowledge of legal software systems (e.g., Intapp product suite, CRM solutions) is helpful