The Statutory Accountant will support the Statutory Reporting and Analysis team by providing statutory reconciliations, financial reporting, and other projects as required.
Working at Baker McKenzie:
Baker McKenzie is the world’s leading law firm with offices all over the world. Our Belfast Centre is home to over 400 teammates in both legal and professional services such as finance, IT, marketing and business support.
We offer one of the best workplace benefits packages in the business with comprehensive private health cover, income protection, life assurance and a full employee assistance plan. These and a host of other benefits make us one of the most desirable companies to work for in Belfast.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, diversity and equity for all and are confident we can provide a career as individual and as exceptional as you.
About the role:
As part of this role, the successful candidate will:
- Prepare Statutory Cost Allocations
- Prepare monthly weight average interfirm loan balances
- Prepare analysis of Firm Compensation for statutory purposes
- Prepare country-specific reports for Service Fee
- Assist in the preparation of annual Service Fee calculation
- Assist in the preparation of Special Purpose and Service Entity Statutory Books including Financial Statements and audit documentation
- Prepare Monthly reconciliations and provide suggested correcting accounting entries for various interfirm accounts
- Prepare and post journal entries as needed
- Assist with numerous statutory accounting projects as identified by the supervisor
- Provide accounting estimates for special purpose and service entities
To be successful in this role you will need:
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Relevant accounting experience (service industry preferred)
- Strong management accounting and general ledger skills
- SAP knowledge preferred but not required
- Strong Excel skills
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to excel in a role with constantly changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills