Closing Date: 27th November 2023
The Project & Operations Specialist - Risk Systems will act as the subject matter expert and point of contact for the Firm’s risk systems, and support the New Business Intake (NBI) department with solution design proposals for product and process enhancements to support Client onboarding and maintenance workflows.
The role holder will liaise with the Global Technology team on behalf of the business to ensure the Firm's risk systems support the needs of the Firm’s lawyers and relevant stakeholders. The goal is to ensure the Firm’s risk systems support the business needs, mitigate risk, are efficient, and provide a positive user experience.
Working at Baker McKenzie:
Baker McKenzie is the world’s leading law firm with offices all over the world. Our Belfast Centre is home to over 400 teammates in both legal and professional services such as finance, IT, marketing and business support.
We offer one of the best workplace benefits packages in the business with comprehensive private health cover, income protection, life assurance and a full employee assistance plan. These and a host of other benefits make us one of the most desirable companies to work for in Belfast.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, diversity and equity for all and are confident we can provide a career as individual and as exceptional as you.
About the role:
As part of this role, the successful candidate will:
- Work closely with the Product Team, the Director of Practice Technology (Global Technology), and other members of the Client Applications and Technical Support team to gather user requirements, and continue to design, build, and deploy outstanding risk solutions via Intapp and other systems as required
- Work with NBI leadership and Risk Management, the Director of PRPC (Office of General Counsel), and other Firm stakeholders as required to meet and exceed business needs and expectations
- Instigate a culture and process of continuous improvement within the Firm’s risk systems so that they add increased value over time
- Build relationships and solicit feedback from users and key stakeholders – both on an ad hoc basis and via structured initiatives such as user groups – and implement enhancements to address the feedback received
- Engage with and manage expectations of internal clients and key stakeholders to encourage them to achieve greater efficiencies through the adoption of Intapp products and other core risk system solutions
- Closely collaborate with Technology and the PMO to design, lead, and execute user acceptance testing when new and updated functionality is introduced
- Support in the collection, creation, and presentation of MI linked to Risk Systems in use across the firm
- Manage entitlement or other system requests and queries from in-market teams.
- Maintain records and oversight of all user requirements, providing guidance and support on if and how these may be implemented to Firm systems, working with Technology to assess feasibility and timelines, and communicating these
- Provide feedback to the NBI Director and functional leads on issues, trends, training needs, and enhancements related to risk systems, and support in drafting and actioning any required next steps
- Escalate issues, outages, or delays that may impact the user experience or deployment plans to the manager for review and resolution.
- Work with NBI leadership and Procurement in monitoring the usage of existing products in line with licensing agreements and budget. Investigate and continually ensure the Firm is abreast of market developments and solutions in this area, ultimately ensuring value is added and risk mitigated
- Liaise with system vendors, providing regular feedback, documenting requirements, or raising issues where necessary to ensure operational and process effectiveness
- Provide demonstrations of Firm risk systems to internal and external stakeholders where necessary. Develop standards relating to the management of both the risk systems themselves and the data stored within them, and promote and enforce best practice across the Firm; In particular, develop data maintenance and quality solutions to ensure content remains accurate and up to date and that content is regularly reviewed for irrelevant/outdated information
- Work with Client Applications and Technical Support, NBI Service Owners, and the Global Training Team to develop and deploy appropriate support materials to all Intapp and risk system users within the Firm
- Work with NBI leadership to achieve a high degree of engagement with in-market users to understand process constraints and find solutions to encourage in-market users to utilize our risk systems appropriately, with ease, and to their advantage
- Work with Global Technology to investigate promising new technologies and review the Intapp roadmap to leverage efficiencies and mitigate risk within the Firm. This may include undertaking product investigation, proofs of concept, pilots, and roll-out of successful products
- Build trusted relationships with key internal stakeholders; Partners, PAs, NBI Management, Technology, Procurement, etc. displaying SME knowledge and acting as a key contact for risk systems queries/topics
To be successful in this role you will need:
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a related discipline
- Deep understanding of risk systems in a professional services environment
- Some experience, ideally gained within a law firm or financial institution
Technical & Personal:
- Ability to work well with others and to build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders quickly via telephone and videoconference
- An outstanding and confident communicator who can deal confidently, tactfully and appropriately with people at all levels of the organization
- Highly credible and persuasive
- Comfortable working within a large and complex, matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders and interest groups
- A self-starter who can get things done without the need for detailed direction
- Must be able to think strategically, but also willing and able to roll his/her sleeves up and do whatever is needed to achieve key business objectives, diving into detail where necessary
- Total commitment to excellence and the provision of first-class support. Willing to go the extra mile to provide outstanding client/stakeholder service