The Specialist, People Analytics will provide functional expertise in the establishment and operationalization of People Analytics function globally, and partner with People and Functional leaders to drive data-based decision-making by integrating data into tactical operations and strategic planning across the employee lifecycle.
Working at Baker McKenzie:
Baker McKenzie is the world’s leading law firm with offices all over the world. Our Belfast Centre is home to over 400 teammates in both legal and professional services such as finance, IT, marketing, and business support.
We offer one of the best workplace benefits packages in the business with comprehensive private health cover, income protection, life assurance and a full employee assistance plan. These and a host of other benefits make us one of the most desirable companies to work for in Belfast.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, diversity, and equity for all and are confident we can provide a career as individual and as exceptional as you.
About the role:
As part of this role, the successful candidate will:
- Provide functional expertise in people research, quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis, interpretation, and presentation of results to help inform, influence, support, and execute talent decisions across the employee lifecycle
- Partner with the talent management, recruitment and mobility, careers and performance, leadership and learning, and diversity and inclusion work-streams to identify and clarify people/functional issues, deeply understand people processes, and analyse data to drive improvements and automation
- Lead the execution of people research and analytics project/s from client engagement to delivery using systematic data gathering (e.g., survey, system-generated data), appropriate analytical techniques (e.g., descriptive, inferential, modelling), and action-oriented reporting
- Generate insights based on analyses and communicate the results, along with their implications, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Design, architect, and implement standard people metrics dashboard by leveraging standard tools (e.g., Tableau Desktop/Prep Builder, SQL, VBA) to enable client self-service for routine queries
- Build relationships and collaborate effectively with People Systems and Data Architects/ Engineers to ensure data integrity accuracy, and reliability of data access to people information
- Contribute to the operational redesign, development, and implementation of people analytics function globally
- Perform other functions as may be assigned by immediate manager from time to time
To be successful in this role you will need:
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Psychology, Behavioural Science, Applied Statistics, Social Sciences, Industrial Engineering, or other relevant courses, or equivalent work experience
- Good relevant experience in people research (e.g., survey design), quantitative/ qualitative analysis, and reporting (or other related quantitative/qualitative analysis roles)
- Deep domain knowledge in most HR practices and processes, HR systems (data inflow and outflow), and management, preferably proven functional knowledge on D&I programs, succession planning, and leadership
- Advanced proficiency or practical knowledge in data/process automation tools (Tableau Prep Builder, SQL, VBA, PowerQuery, Power Apps), statistical data analysis tools (Excel, SPSS, JASP, R, Python), and presentation and visualization tools (PowerPoint, Tableau, Power BI)
- Experience and proficiency in business/process analysis, developing standard metrics/dashboards, and workforce plans in multinational or global organizations, preferably from professional services organizations
- Independent thinking and very light supervision are required; very good analytical and critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent executive presentation skills: should have the ability to distil and present actionable information derived from complex data
- Experience in process redesign and project management (requirements gathering to delivery)
- Working knowledge of data privacy law
- Experience working in a shared services/captive environment is preferable
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills