The Conflicts Management Coordinator will assist in providing an efficient and effective service to the Firm's Partners and offices in identifying and analysing potential conflicts of interest.
Working at Baker McKenzie:
Baker McKenzie is the world’s leading law firm with offices all over the world. Our Belfast Centre is home to over 400 teammates in both legal and professional services such as finance, IT, marketing, and business support.
We offer one of the best workplace benefits packages in the business with comprehensive private health cover, income protection, life assurance and a full employee assistance plan. These and a host of other benefits make us one of the most desirable companies to work for in Belfast.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, diversity, and equity for all and are confident we can provide a career as individual and as exceptional as you.
About the role:
As part of this role, the successful candidate will:
- Provide all aspects of support to the Firm, Partners, and offices regarding conflicts management
- Assist and review all information submitted on Conflicts Management Requests (CMR) for accuracy and completeness, ensuring that all required information has been provided and is accurate
- Identify and analyze all potential conflicts of interest and propose concise resolutions to Firm Attorneys to clear these conflicts per professional responsibility obligations and Firm policy
- Advance the clearance of conflicts of interest by directly communicating with Firm Partners
- Obtain waiver letters from Partners and clients when made necessary by jurisdictional guidelines, to facilitate New Business Intake (NBI) while protecting client relationships and the Firm's business interests
- Maintain detailed records on all aspects of the conflicts management process for internal documentation and audit purposes
- Adhere to all Firm policies regarding conflicts of interest and escalate issues to Management and the Director of Responsibility, when appropriate
- Process CMRs within the agreed Service Level Agreement
- Engage and collaborate with team members through the presentation of ideas and recommendations regarding best practice, continuous improvement, departmental processes, policies, and procedures
- Provide support and assistance on important team projects and initiatives, when required
To be successful in this role you will need:
Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or work experience in this field
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and online research tools
- Ability to make effective, accurate decisions, judgement calls, and reliable recommendations with support from team members and Management, where necessary
- Professionalism and the ability to influence in a positive manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive customer-service-oriented attitude
- Ability to engage and collaborate with team members locally and across other Centers
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, manage workloads, meet deadlines, and prioritize efficiently
- Ability to leverage consultant resources and utilize information appropriately
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Ability to contribute ideas for process improvements and adapt easily to procedural change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills demonstrated in interactions with all colleagues throughout the Firm as well as Partners and Management
- Positivity and the adoption of a solution-based approach in all aspects of work