The Business Development & Marketing Manager, Pitch and proposals will lead the management of pitch creations and presentation materials and implement ideas to help raise the firm’s profile. We are seeking an experienced individual, with a strong background in pursuit and pitch generation.
Working at Baker McKenzie:
Baker McKenzie is the world’s leading law firm with offices all over the world. Our Belfast Centre is home to over 400 teammates in both legal and professional services such as finance, IT, marketing and business support.
We offer one of the best workplace benefits packages in the business with comprehensive private health cover, income protection, life assurance and a full employee assistance plan. These and a host of other benefits make us one of the most desirable companies to work for in Belfast.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, diversity and equity for all and are confident we can provide a career as individual and as exceptional as you.
About the role:
As part of this role, the successful candidate will:
- Support and challenge the legal team on the decision to respond to pitch opportunities
- Lead pitches per the firm's best practice pitch process
- Develop the value proposition and relevant practice group messaging to present a compelling offering to the target
- Organize presentation rehearsals and offer advice and coaching on style, approach, messaging
- Conduct client debriefs, to capture feedback
- Coach, mentor, and support other members of the Marketing & Business Development team on best practice pitch techniques
- Provide suggestions and recommendations on ways that will improve the pitch process
To be successful in this role you will need:
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree desirable
- Must have experience in working on international pitch documents, public tenders, and/or multi-lot frameworks is essential
- Experience working with stakeholders and developing relationships
- Strong judgment and a demonstrable track record for confidently suggesting well-reasoned independent strategic recommendations and ideas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively co-ordinate competing priorities
- Self-motivated and independent, able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Comfortable working across multiple cultures and time zones in a matrix organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, including pleasant nature and ability to collaborate with others
- High degree of attention to detail
- Experience in the professional services sector is desired but not essential