The Legal Administrator - Intellectual Property will be responsible for providing support to the Firm's Trade Mark practice. We have a high volume of trademark work in a deadline-driven environment. The successful applicant will have the ability to manage their workload, as they will be providing key support to the Intellectual Property Paralegal team, each of whom will place reliance on the work performed.
The Legal Administrator - Intellectual Property will be working with the rapidly developing IP portfolios of household names with worldwide coverage and, as such, will need to have a global mindset with the ability to acquire knowledge in respect of different requirements throughout the world. This person will provide support on renewals for clients as well as a variety of other trademark prosecution tasks. He/she will be assisting with instructing local counsel, tracking deadlines, maintaining our databases, and reporting matters to our clients.
To work with a range of people of varying levels across the world. The successful applicant will need to have the confidence and ability to coordinative effectively with technology teams, Paralegals, Lawyers, and Partners across different cultures and teams.
- Assist with a high volume of trademark renewals and mid-term use deadlines under the direction of the IP Paralegal team
- Review and maintain document trackers
- Assist with the maintenance of SharePoint sites
- Create trademark records and update information and correspondence when required
- Assist the IP Paralegal team to obtain billing codes for the renewals process
- Produce and review diaries, liaising with stakeholders and agents in respect of trademark statuses throughout the trademark process
- Conduct comprehensive trademark audits using the official trademark online registries, as well as other platforms
- Coordinate with teams in Manila, Belfast, and Buenos Aires to facilitate the maintenance and updating of IP databases including GIPM and Anaqua
- Report, as directed, trademark formalities to our clients
- Coordinate with IPSU and Global teams to understand, follow, and implement established processes
- Meet agreed on service delivery standards and provide an accurate and good quality service
- Provide a proactive administrative service encompassing all key tasks
- Understand and comply with all the Firm’s procedures and standards
- Be helpful and supportive in team and client interactions and be regarded as a team player
- Be aware of others’ workloads, offering to help when they are under pressure
- Seek feedback on performance regularly to enhance own development
- Respond appropriately and promptly to feedback received and take necessary action to implement
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant undergraduate degree with 2.1 or above preferred.
- Have an intrinsic passion for trademark work and a keenness to develop specialist trademark knowledge and skills over time
- Authorisation to work in the United Kingdom
- Meticulous with good attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Have a clear and succinct writing style
- Be comfortable working to and taking personal responsibility for managing tight deadlines work well as part of a team
- Have good inter-personal skills, both verbally and in writing, whether dealing with colleagues, service providers, or clients
- Be proactive and able to demonstrate initiative