Role and Responsibilities:
We are seeking newly qualified corporate and commercial solicitors to join our highly-regarded and growing team at Baker McKenzie. You will work on a wide variety of corporate and commercial matters. The successful candidates may choose whether to specialise in commercial or corporate work, or whether to undertake a mix of both.
The successful candidate will:
- Work closely with a variety of the Firm's practice groups including, for example, Corporate and Securities, M&A, Cross Border Transactions and Integrations, Reorganisations, Intellectual Property, Data & Technology, Data Privacy, and Capital Markets.
- Assist the Firm's offices with a diverse range of corporate and commercial matters, often across multiple jurisdictions, such as large scale due diligence projects, drafting due diligence reports, and drafting corporate and commercial documentation.
- Work as part of project teams with other Baker McKenzie lawyers, legal project managers, and members of the legal tech team from across the firm's global network of offices.
- Assist with the process, co-ordination, and project management of matters.
- Develop strong working relationships with partners and lawyers in various practice groups in a variety of jurisdictions.
- Assist with bespoke projects other than billable matters, such as contributing to the identification of innovative services, methods, know-how and platforms to assist in achieving efficiencies and continual process improvement.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Qualified as a solicitor in Northern Ireland and/or England and Wales.
- Previous experience of commercial or corporate/M&A work from a strong corporate/commercial firm is desirable but not essential.
- Intellectually curious and keen to learn.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work well in a team with others of various experience levels as well as individually.
- Sound commercial awareness and a "client first" service orientation.
- Ability to set high standards of performance and deliver desired results.
- Excellent writing skills and commercial approach.
- Ability to balance work priorities and manage deadlines effectively.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and online research tools.