Role and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be an experienced corporate solicitor with a track record of dealing with a wide variety of legal issues and an ability to hit the ground running, offering pragmatic, strategic legal advice to a high standard and to challenging deadlines. You will work on a wide range of corporate transactions that are often multijurisdictional, high value, and complex in nature; and develop skills to deliver the highest quality service for our world-class clients across the globe.
The successful candidate will:
- Work closely with a variety of the Firm's practice groups including, for example, Corporate and Securities, M&A, Cross Border Transactions and Integrations, Reorganisations, and Capital Markets.
- Assist the Firm's offices with a diverse range of corporate matters, often across multiple jurisdictions, such as drafting corporate documentation, large scale due diligence projects, drafting due diligence reports and acting as a country or regional co-ordinator on global transactions.
- Work as part of project teams with other Baker McKenzie lawyers, legal project managers, and legal tech team members from across the firm's global network of offices.
- Escalate project-specific issues to the Belfast management group or project partner as appropriate.
- Develop strong working relationships with partners and lawyers in various practice groups in a variety of jurisdictions.
- Assist with bespoke projects other than billable matters, such as contributing to the identification of innovative services, methods, know-how and platforms to assist in achieving efficiencies and continual process improvement.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Qualified as a solicitor in Northern Ireland and/or England and Wales, with demonstrable corporate experience.
- Ability to review, analyse, and organise documentary and factual evidence, advising on risk and practical mitigation measures.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team with others of various experience levels as well as individually.
- Sound commercial awareness and a "client first" service orientation.
- Ability to set high standards of performance and deliver desired results.
- A "self-starter" who is collaborative, pragmatic, commercial, and adaptable in their approach.
- Excellent writing and organisation skills.
- Ability to balance work priorities and manage deadlines effectively.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and online research tools.