Role and Responsibilities:
We are seeking qualified solicitors to join our highly-regarded and growing team at Baker McKenzie. The successful candidate will:
- Work closely with the firm's Banking & Finance and Capital Markets practice groups.
- Manage and deliver important elements of major finance transactions and handle various types of work for global relationship clients on a broad range of finance work. Client projects include: multi-jurisdiction restructuring/refinancing; general corporate lending; and real estate, acquisition, and leveraged finance.
- Work as part of project teams with other Baker McKenzie lawyers, legal project managers, and members of the legal tech team from across the firm's global network of offices.
- Develop strong working relationships with partners and lawyers in the Banking & Finance and Capital Markets practice groups across the globe.
- Ability to interact with clients to understand deals and projects, define and scope work, advise on resourcing options and pricing, and manage client expectations.
- Assist with the process, co-ordination, and project management of matters.
- Assist with bespoke projects other than billable matters, such as contributing to the identification of innovative services, methods, know-how, and platforms to assist in achieving efficiencies and continual process improvement.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified as a solicitor in Northern Ireland and/or England and Wales, with demonstrable Banking & Finance experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team with others of various experience levels as well as individually.
- Sound commercial awareness and a "client first" service orientation.
- Ability to set high standards of performance and deliver desired results.
- A "self-starter" who is collaborative, pragmatic, commercial, and adaptable in their approach.
- Excellent writing and organisation skills.
- Ability to balance work priorities and manage deadlines effectively.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and online research tools.