An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious placement student to join our HR team in supporting our Baker McKenzie Belfast Centre.
This opportunity is ideal for students who are on track for a 2:1 degree or above which includes at least one HR-related module.
As part of this role, the successful candidate will support the HR team with a range of generalist HR administration tasks and projects and gain exposure to the workings of an HR function within a global law Firm.
Working at Baker McKenzie:
Baker McKenzie is the world’s leading law firm with offices all over the world. Our Belfast Centre is home to over 400 teammates in both legal and professional services such as finance, IT, marketing and business support.
We offer one of the best workplace benefits packages in the business with comprehensive private health cover, income protection, life assurance and a full employee assistance plan. These and a host of other benefits make us one of the most desirable companies to work for in Belfast.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, diversity and equity for all and are confident we can provide a career as individual and as exceptional as you.
About the role:
As part of this role, the successful candidate will assist with:
- New Joiner and Leaver administration
- Performance Management and Probation Administration
- Preparation of the monthly Payroll file
- Benefit administration & query resolution
- Maintaining HR Records and systems, including reporting
- Processing of HR related invoices
- HR Projects
- Any other duties as required (including an opportunity to gain exposure to specialist areas within our People Team including Learning & Development)
To be successful in this role you will need:
Skills and Experience:
- Be on course for a 2.1 degree or above in any subject which includes at least one HR-related module.
- Be an undergraduate university student expecting/ hoping to undertake a work placement in your third year.
- Experience of using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously and proactively
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organisational skills to manage conflicting priorities in a busy role