As a Legal Professional at Baker McKenzie, you will work on litigation matters, investigations, M&A, and transactional and multijurisdictional projects that are cross-border in nature, high value, and complex. In this role you will develop skills to deliver the highest quality service for our clients around the globe.
Working at Baker McKenzie:
Baker McKenzie is the world’s leading law firm with offices all over the world. Our Belfast Centre is home to over 400 colleagues in both legal and professional services.
We offer one of the best workplace benefits packages in the business with comprehensive private health cover, income protection, life assurance and a full employee assistance plan. These and a host of other benefits make us one of the most desirable companies to work for in Belfast.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, diversity and equity for all and are confident we can provide a career as individual and as exceptional as you.
About the role:
As part of this role, the successful candidate will:
- Work with the Contentious Support Group in supporting Firm lawyers in connection with large-scale litigious, disclosure, and investigation projects, often across multiple jurisdictions
- Provide bespoke legal assistance and support to a variety of the Firm's Contentious and Advisory practice groups, including Dispute Resolution, Employment & Compensation, IP/Tech, Compliance & Investigations, Tax, and Antitrust & Competition
- Assist the Transactional Support Group to carry out reviews and develop reports and deliverables in support of Transactional and Advisory Work, for example, supporting practice groups such as M&A, Capital Markets, Finance and Projects, and IP/Tech, working with other Baker McKenzie offices around the world. This may include preparation of transaction documentation and assisting with actions required for single and multi-jurisdiction transactions
- Develop strong working relationships with partners and lawyers in all industries/practices in a variety of jurisdictions
- Contribute to the identification of innovative services and methods to assist in achieving efficiencies and continual process improvement
- Develop legal knowledge and expertise to provide the highest levels of support to Firm lawyers and clients
- Work with and provide support to other teams within the Belfast office
- Develop and implement innovative use of IT platforms including machine learning and Artificial Intelligence solutions
To be successful in this role you will need:
Skills and Experience:
- Law graduate (2:1 or above) with a minimum of 3 A-levels (B grades and above) and a strong academic background
- Ability to review, analyse, organize and accurately summarise documentary and factual evidence
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and online research tools
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually
- Keen to develop and use initiative
- Strong work ethic and an enthusiasm for a fast-paced legal environment