The Team Lead, Conflicts Management will represent the service to the local markets and assist with technical queries and service delivery. They will be monitoring the Conflict Management Request queue volumes, in addition to collaborating with team members to ensure SLA for Conflicts Management is maintained and exceptional service provided.
The Team Lead should also contribute towards HR administrative tasks, the team's performance, planning and management, employee morale, learning, and professional development, as well as leading team meetings and providing necessary support to management.
Working at Baker McKenzie:
Baker McKenzie is the world’s leading law firm with offices all over the world. Our Belfast Centre is home to over 400 teammates in both legal and professional services such as finance, IT, marketing and business support.
We offer one of the best workplace benefits packages in the business with comprehensive private health cover, income protection, life assurance and a full employee assistance plan. These and a host of other benefits make us one of the most desirable companies to work for in Belfast.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, diversity and equity for all and are confident we can provide a career as individual and as exceptional as you.
About the role:
As part of this role, the successful candidate will:
- Assist the team and management in responding to technical queries relating to identifying and analyzing possible conflicts of interest for new business
- Conflicts Management Request queue management, including adherence to SLA
- Manage work tasks to ensure deadlines are met while exceptional service is provided
- Support team management, as required
- Collaborate and work closely with the functional Conflicts Management lead and other Conflict Management Team Leads globally to build out the service offering and deliver a positive and successful team
- Liaise with Managers, internal stakeholders, and team members across PBS in Manila, Belfast, Tampa, and Buenos Aires
- Develop and support LSS initiatives
- Manage and lead team meetings to ensure team objectives are successfully achieved
- Contribute to the development of a strategy to ensure high team morale and team building
- Administer holiday, sick leave, and other time-off requests of a dedicated team, inclusive of internal approvals, record keeping, and data entry in respect of local/Global systems
- Review and monitor the progress of employee performance goals per team member, and associated liaison with management, inclusive of record-keeping and data entry in local/Global systems
- Manage performance evaluations (mid-year and annual), inclusive of required liaison work with relevant senior departmental and management personnel, inclusive of record keeping/data entry in local/Global system
To be successful in this role you will need:
Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree
- Extensive Risk or Client Onboarding experience required
- Previous conflicts of interest experience in a legal or professional services environment - preferred
- Supervisory experience in a global environment
- Strong familiarity with Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
- High-level familiarity with the range of roles and responsibilities in respect of each dedicated team member to support senior management oversight and performance metrics of each team member
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills resulting in the identification of necessary process improvements
- Excellent time management, organizational, and administrative skills, a capacity to multi-task and work well under pressure, with an ability to manage all other responsibilities the relevant candidate will have as a member of the NBI team
- Have a pragmatic approach and even temperament
- Have the ability to focus on the goal, i.e. overseeing an efficient, productive, and cooperative team, while maintaining a balance between having a good relationship with team members and the distance required to conduct reviews and handle problematic situations within the team