The Senior Business Development Executive, Global Advisory & Contentious Practice Groups will help drive the profitable growth of the Advisory & Contentious Practice Groups, working closely with firm-wide BD leads to help drive strategic initiatives and revenue-generating activities and support implementation of the business plans.
About Baker McKenzie:
Baker McKenzie is the world’s leading law firm with offices all over the world. Our Belfast Centre is home to over 400 teammates in both legal and professional services such as finance, IT, marketing and business support.
We offer one of the best workplace benefits packages in the business with comprehensive private health cover, income protection, life assurance and a full employee assistance plan. These and a host of other benefits make us one of the most desirable companies to work for in Belfast.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, diversity and equity for all and are confident we can provide a career as individual and as exceptional as you.
About the role:
As part of this role, the successful candidate will:
- Support Advisory & Contentious Practice Group's client development activities through coordination of client planning, monitoring of activity, and reporting, including metrics based on financials and time
- Support fee-earners in cross-practice collaboration through the marketing of services, including the development of go-to-market materials in cooperation with multiple practice groups
- Assist with the preparation of responses to client's request for proposals or information on the Advisory & Contentious practice group's capabilities and in preparing lawyers for business development meetings with clients and prospects
- Ensure marketing materials, including capability statements, pitch templates, deals lists, website content (internal and external) and press releases are up to date and assist with the creation of new materials to meet developing needs
- Coordinate production of internal communications globally for the Advisory & Contentious Practice Groups to help build a cohesive and well-informed practice
- Support development and deployment of thought leadership content and other profile-raising activities, including publications, sponsorships and events
- Support development of client- and market-facing knowledge-based marketing tools and materials such as handbooks, apps and tools, market know-how, technical updates, and more
- Support creation of Advisory & Contentious Practice Groups' awards and directory submissions and develop relevant materials to support regional and office submissions
- Help coordinate market and trends research and competitor intelligence to ensure Advisory & Contentious practice group value propositions are current and relevant
- Assist with individual client-focused research and broad market and client base analysis, using available tools and databases and/or internal research department as appropriate
- Create effective working relationships with a community of firm-wide, regional, and local BD teams with a view to sharing best practices and coordinating the rollout of strategic initiatives
- Proactively look for areas and opportunities to share best practices and improve processes
Internal Meetings and Events
- Support and help plan internal firm-wide PG meetings, working with relevant Advisory & Contentious firm-wide BD leads and practice group leadership, including helping to create BD-related materials and content and liaising with the meetings and events team on logistical and technical requirements
To be successful in this role you will need:
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in business, finance, economics, communications, marketing, or a related subject
- Strong experience working in legal business development or a comparable professional services marketing/business development environment
- Experience in marketing overall transactional, or capital markets and real estate advice preferred but not required
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong verbal and written English
- Strong project management skills
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, proactive, and independent with excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders. Able to work with a minimum of supervision but also a strong and enthusiastic team player
- Proficient in various MS Office applications including but not limited to Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience working in an international organization is a plus
- Prior experience working in a virtual team setting is preferred but not required