Our team is growing again and we are looking for a financial all-rounder to join us as a Client Support Specialist. This important role will be responsible for providing comprehensive and commercially focused support across Intake, Billing, and Collections for a portfolio of clients. This involves managing the overall health of the client relationship from a finance perspective.
Working at Baker McKenzie Belfast:
Baker McKenzie is the world’s leading law firm with offices all over the world solving complex legal problems across borders and practice areas.
Our Belfast Centre is home to over 400 teammates in both legal and professional services such as finance, IT, marketing and business support.
We offer one of the best workplace benefits packages in the business with comprehensive private health cover, income protection, life assurance and a full employee assistance plan. These and a host of other benefits make us one of the most desirable companies to work for in Belfast.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, diversity and equity for all and are confident we can provide a career as individual and as exceptional as you.
About the role:
As part of this role, the successful candidate will:
- Collaborate with Business Development Managers to liaise between the Client Service Directors and the client's legal operations team
- Remain apprised of client KPIs, including overall WIP, AR, Fees, profitability, and other areas that may pose risks that should be brought to the Client Service Directors' and in-market finance leaders' attention regularly
- Collaborate with center-based teams (e.g. Intake, Billing, Collections, Pricing, E-Billing, etc.) to ensure that each team has correctly understood client requirements
- Project manage various initiatives such as the implementation of new Outside Counsel guidelines, changes to E-Billing infrastructure, new client-specific reports, or others as they arise
- Coordinate with Client Support Analysts to ensure budgets are managed and accruals are submitted timely and accurately to the client, including any client-specific reporting required on a regular or ad-hoc basis (across all clients). Ensure that budgets in SAP accurately mirror those in E-Billing systems
- Where relevant, manage reporting requests related to Trademark portfolios that may require working knowledge of flat fee schedules and intended use as agreed with Clients and IP Partners
- Provide input to Service Owners on any issue affecting the overall cash cycle (e.g. matter management, short payments, etc.)
- Special ad hoc projects (e.g. client bankruptcy)
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience within a Finance function, demonstrating finance skills and experience applicable to the role, preferably within the legal industry but not compulsory
- Experience of working in a range of finance teams or companies
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong Excel skills are desirable
- SAP, Billing, or E-Billing experience desirable
- Demonstrated expertise in operational efficiency, strong in project management and systemic thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal effectively at all levels throughout an international firm and with firm clients
- Proven ability to confidently influence, interact and consult with senior leaders regarding finance processes, guidelines, and compliances
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly with positive energy, forward-thinking and high ethical standards
- Keen attention to detail and effective organizational skills
- Must be confident to escalate and ask questions, especially when being asked to deviate from standard processes
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands, including learning new skills when required