The Operations Manager, BakerML will focus on building out the operations needed to equip the team to make positive impact quickly. As an Operations Manager your role will inevitably evolve over the next three years.
Baker McKenzie is investing in building a new capability: uniting data, science, internal and external data, machine learning, and legal domain expertise to create new value for our firm, our clients, and our communities. At the center of the firm’s Reinvent Strategy, this role is at the cutting edge of innovation in the legal services industry. Enjoying the sponsorship of the Firm's Research and Development Partner, Ben Allgrove, as well as the resources of one of the world's largest law firms, you will be there from the beginning working closely with BakerML's co-founders.
Specifically, we are targeting three key objectives:
- AI-powered legal services
Leveraging augmented analytics technologies and data science to develop and provide new services to our clients. We aim to deliver machine learning-enabled judgement.
- Social Impact at Scale
Amplifying social impact initiatives with machine learning-driven research and analysis.
- Internal transformation
Incorporating data-driven insights and machine learning across the Firm's legal and commercial operations as part of our continuing digital transformation. This will focus on developing and deploying new models to boost the insight, speed, and accuracy of our own machine learning enabled decision-making.
- Integral part of the BakerML leadership, providing support on strategic, business and operational work streams
- Provide general administrative support to the team
- Assist with scoping, monitoring and updating project plans, including key performance indicators to ensure alignment with strategy
- Help design and deliver an internal engagement strategy that creates enhanced visibility of the programme around the Firm
- Leverage services provided by shared service centres and specialist functions within the PBS organization to drive excellence and efficiency
- Help develop and manage budget proactively to ensure effective implementation of the BakerML strategy
- Similar to any start-up, be willing to adapt and take on different responsibilities as the programme evolves
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant undergraduate degree required
- Good administrative / operations experience in a global professional services setting, ideally legal
- Experience in or understanding of corporate venturing / start-up environments
- Proficiency in law firm operations
- Proficiency in using MS365 applications including advanced functions of Excel, data visualisation tools, collaboration tools like Teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Effective communication at all organizational levels
- Ability to manage multiple complex operations with continual attention to detail (including accuracy with numbers)
- Experience coordinating people in different locations and cultures
- Ability to work effectively in informal teams and collaborate cross-practice and cross-function in a global organisation