The Global Corporate Maintenance Solutions (GCMS) Legal Professional will assist the Global Corporate Maintenance Solutions team ("GCMS") in the Belfast Center.
The GCMS team works closely with the Global Reorganizations Practice Group ("Group") which focuses on the design and implementation of complex domestic and cross border reorganizations.
The Group is experienced in reorganizations of all types and includes experts from a number of our practice areas. Together with our colleagues in the Group, the GCMS team helps clients meet their annual corporate compliance obligations such as filing statutory accounts and annual returns, as well as implementing changes to legal entities such as director and auditor changes.
Our GCMS service has been established as an innovative way to help clients coordinate and monitor the performance of their essential corporate maintenance obligations and the GCMS team in Belfast has been established to carry out, track and coordinate related work efficiently and to high standards of quality and consistency.
The successful applicant will:
- Assist the GCMS team by populating and maintaining project and client-specific IT platforms for new client entity onboardings
- Upload and profile legal documents to client specific Sharepoint platforms as appropriate
- Create compliance calendars for clients
- Assist in the tracking, monitoring and updating of compliance trackers, escalating any upcoming or lapsed deadlines to the GCMS team and lead associates as appropriate
- Assist the GCMS team in the preparation of materials for client update calls
- Assist the GCMS team in the review of WIP for the timely preparation of client invoices
- Escalate client queries and issues to the GCMS team as appropriate and assist in their resolution
- Assist the GCMS team in capturing know how and discussing any process improvements with GCMS team
- Work with the GCMS team to ensure best process and use of client-specific IT platforms
- Liaise and coordinate with lawyers in the London office and other Baker McKenzie offices
- Attend and participate in regular team meetings to report to the GCMS Manager and wider team on tasks and deadlines
Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in law with minimum 2:1 classification
Advanced in Microsoft Office applications (Intermediate Excel and Word is essential)
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management is a must
- Experience in a professional services organisation, Experience of SharePoint
Personal & Technical Skills:
- Strong IT skills
- A positive team member and active contributor in a team environment
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and problem solving skills
- Confidence to liaise with people at all levels of the firm