The Accounting Assistant (Fixed Term Contract) is responsible for assisting the Senior Manager & Manager in ensuring reliable records are kept. They are also responsible for proper and timely processing of interfirm billing activity ensuring compliance with monthly deadlines and tax requirements.
- Each month prepare, review in detail and distribute all interfirm invoices in an accurate and timely manner while ensuring that all required vat and system checks have been completed and documented
- Review all invoices received from member firms to ensure they are correct and tax compliant
- Review and process when correct all member firm payment transmittal and request forms
- Manage on a continuous basis all emails relating to interfirm billings and payments
- Review on a weekly basis the Daily Transaction Sheet and follow up on any outstanding payments and transmittals that have not been paid/received
- Review outstanding interfirm balances on a monthly basis and follow up in accordance with firm policies with member firms on overdue amounts
- Maintain the Master AR and AP files and ensure they tie to the accounting records.
- Deal with queries from SAP Team on VAT on a monthly basis to under lying cost centre data. This will also involve preparing the Irrecoverable Tax Reconciliation file on a monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain Interfirm billing account reconciliations between the ledgers and applicable sources
- Monitor various balance sheet accounts including inter firm suspense accounts and ensure these reconcile at all times
- Liaise with Member Firm Accounting staff and where necessary train and advise them on processes to ensure that all open interfirm AP and AR accounts are reconciled at all times
- Assist the Manager and Senior Manager on other tasks as required including annual audit tasks.
Skills, Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, commerce, finance, liberal arts, or related courses
- A solid understanding of accounting (at least 3 years experience) and a general knowledge of VAT.
- Have an in depth knowledge of SAP and an affinity and curiosity as to how accounting packages work and can be best used.
- Reasonable skills in Excel
- Service minded, has an eye for detail and highly organized
- This role needs someone who has a drive for excellence and takes personal responsibility for all tasks they are responsible for.
- Flexible and professional attitude
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team