Role Close Date: 27th November 2020
We are looking for a GCMS Administrator to join our highly regarded Global Corporate Maintenance Solutions team ("GCMS") in Belfast to assist with an increase in work following recent new client wins for the GCMS team.
The GCMS team works closely with the Global Reorganizations Group which focuses on the design and implementation of complex domestic and cross border reorganizations. The Group is experienced in reorganizations of all types and includes experts from a number of our practice areas.
As part of this Group, our Corporate Maintenance practice helps clients meet their annual corporate compliance obligations such as filing statutory accounts and annual returns, as well as implementing changes to legal entities such as director and auditor changes.
Our GCMS service has been established as an innovative way to help clients coordinate and monitor the performance of their essential corporate maintenance obligations and the GCMS team in Belfast has been established to carry out, track and coordinate related work efficiently and to high standards of quality and consistency.
The successful applicant will be working with our Corporate Maintenance teams across a number of offices and will be supporting a number of our key global clients.
The successful applicant will:
- Assist the GCMS team by populating and maintaining project and client-specific IT platforms for new client entity onboardings
- Upload and profile legal documents to client specific Sharepoint platforms as appropriate
- Create and present compliance calendars for clients
- Track and monitor the updating of compliance trackers, escalating any upcoming or lapsed deadlines to the GCMS team and lead associates as appropriate
- Prepare materials for client update calls and nurture client relationships by becoming a key contact for the clients
- Prepare entity lists and supporting documentation for fee proposals and RfPs
- Diarise and implement processes for the preparation of client invoices for partner approval
- Escalate client queries and issues to the GCMS team as appropriate and propose steps in their resolution
- Assist the GCMS team in capturing know how and discussing any process improvements with GCMS team
- Work with the GCMS team to ensure best process and use of client-specific IT platforms
- Liaise and coordinate with lawyers in the London office and other Baker McKenzie offices
- Attend and participate in regular team meetings to report to the GCMS Manager and wider team on tasks and deadlines
- Assist GCMS Specialists and Manager in preparing pitches, proposals and promotional materials
- Relevant undergraduate degree (2:1 classification or above preferred)
- Advanced in Microsoft Office applications (Intermediate Excel and Word is essential)
- Experience in a professional services organisation, ideally legal, with experience as a Legal Professional in Baker McKenzie, Belfast
- Exceptional attention to detail is a must
- Experience in coordinating corporate secretarial matters
- Experience in coordinating multi-jurisdiction projects
- Experience of SharePoint
- Previous experience of working on corporate maintenance matters (not essential)
Personal & Technical Skills:
- Strong IT skills
- A positive team member and active contributor in a team environment
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and problem solving skills
- Confidence to liaise with people at all levels of the firm