Role Title: Legal Professional
Role Type: Full-time, Permanent
Role Close Date: 29th March, 2019
As a Legal Professional at Baker McKenzie you will be working on litigation matters, investigations, M&A and transactional and multijurisdictional projects that are cross-border in nature, high value and complex. You will develop skills to deliver the highest quality service for our world-class clients across the globe.
- Working with the Firm's lawyers in connection with large scale disclosure and investigation projects, often across multiple jurisdictions.
- Assisting the Belfast office's dedicated Corporate and Commercial Support Unit to carry out reviews and develop reports and ancillary deliverables in support of, for example, M&A transactions, working with other Baker McKenzie offices around the world. This may include preparation of transaction documentation and assisting with actions required for single and multi-jurisdiction transactions.
- Providing support to a variety of the Firm's practice groups, including Restructuring/ Reorganisation, Capital Markets, Energy Mining and Infrastructure, Banking/Financing and Refinancing.
- Dispute Resolution, Employment, Information, Technology and Commercial, Compliance and Investigations, and EU Competition and Trade.
- Developing strong working relationships with partners and lawyers in all sectors/departments in a variety of jurisdictions.
- Contributing to the identification of innovative services and methods to assist in achieving efficiencies and continual process improvement.
- Working with and providing support to other teams within the Belfast office.
- Developing innovative use of IT platforms and know-how databases.
Skills and Experience:
- Law graduate (2:1 or above preferred) with a minimum of 3 A-levels (ideally B grades and above).
- Ability to review, analyse and organise documentary and factual evidence.
- Strong attention to detail - gets it right first time.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and online research tools.
- Excellent writing, organisational and good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually.
- Keen to develop and use initiative.